 Publishing / Brick Journal / 177
Re: BrickJourna.com is online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:46:52 GMT

In lugnet.publish.brickjournal, Tom Wilson wrote:

Looks great, Joe. Congrats on the launch and for putting together such a clean, fresh looking site. The table of contents for the current issue is very handy.

I’m sure you’ve thought through the pricing options, but don’t discount the fact that some folks will still be willing to pay for a printed version even though they could get it free on the internet. It’s hard to substitute the convenience of carrying a magazine with you to lunch and flipping through all the pretty pictures, unless you’re willing to use your employer’s printer to print-out a big pdf. Not...that I...would DO that. :D

--Tom

Tom,

I’m know:-). And I am on it - while I wanted a printed version for next issue (due out in September) things did not work out. I see your argument pretty clearly and am working toward it.

The website was done first because it was faster to do and gets a presence ready for print...I now have a constant advertising platform for the mag.

And I needed the table of contents to know what I was doing:-)! The scary thing is that by the end of archiving, there will be over 1000 printed pages of material. That’s a lot!

Joe