 Publishing / Brick Journal / 172
Subject:
BrickJourna.com is online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 05:57:53 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

I’m happy to announce that the BrickJournal website has been launched:

www.brickjournal.com

Issue 8 is online and available for viewing. Issue 7 is also uploaded but is only available to web subscribers. I am uploading other issues and hope to have all archived by the end of August.

Issues will be uploaded quarterly to coincide with releases. What the website will offer is an interactive approach to reading the magazine, with links to related subjects and also web-exclusive materials, such as video. This will become an archive for the magazine and related materials as time goes on, and with the event calendar tied in, this will become something of a timeline for the community.

Subscribers will be able to access all the archived content for use. Public visitors will only be able to view the current issue and what is designated as public, such as instructions and news. With a news page, BrickJournal will be able to report faster on events and also be able to include more content, such as photos that were submitted, but not used in the magazine, for future issues. For a limited time a subscription to the webpage will be $20/year.

Future plans for the website include establishing an image bank for BrickJournal photography (thank you Didier), a page for sellers, and a couple of other surprises! Plans are also underway for a print version of the magazine!

Many thanks to Joel Bush, Brian Flannery, and Brian Sykora of Near-Time, the webservice I am working with on this ongoing project.

Comments and feedback are welcome!

Joe Meno
Editor, BrickJournal

Re: BrickJourna.com is online!
It figures that I misspell my own magazine:-)

It’s BrickJournal.com.

Joe

Re: BrickJourna.com is online!
Subscribers will be able to access all the archived content for use. Public visitors will only be able to view the current issue and what is designated as public, such as instructions and news. With a news page, BrickJournal will be able to report faster on events and also be able to include more content, such as photos that were submitted, but not used in the magazine, for future issues. For a limited time a subscription to the webpage will be $20/year.

Future plans for the website include establishing an image bank for BrickJournal photography (thank you Didier), a page for sellers, and a couple of other surprises! Plans are also underway for a print version of the magazine!

Congratulations on expanding the scope of the magazine, Joe! I have a question about the subscription to this site. I have been looking forward to being able to subscribe to a print version of BrickJournal and have assumed it would probably be around $40/year. Will the print version only be available to those who are also subscribed to the web site? In other words, I want to plan my budget for Brickjournal and while the web site sounds neat...I would rather save for the print subscription because I think I’d get more value out of that. Can you provide any details about this?

-- Thomas Main thomasmain@charter.net

Re: BrickJourna.com is online!