 Pirates / 4030
  HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

hello! i finished my most recent ship, HM Figate Minotaur. she is a light frigate, with 20 guns on the upper deck, and 4 carronades on the top deck. (much smaller than the real Minotaur, a 74, but her color inspired me, so i named mine after the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

(...) I've had the same idea to make tall masts like that, but I never had enough mast pieces to do it. I guess great minds think alike. (...) I like the way it looks with the curved lines. (...) Looks like a great ship. You need to take some (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

(...) -snip- Nice work again! The colour scheme isn't one I would have expected to work... but I wouldn't have expected the light grey/blue scheme to work either. (...) They are nice and tall! I wonder if it would be worth moving the top sections 2 (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

(...) thanks for the kind words! (...) :-) (...) actually, i do think some would liven up the pics a bit. in reality, i dont have almost any right now, as i sold many of them along with some legos recently, but i will buy more, never fear! best (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

(...) well i was inspired by a picture i have of the real Minotaur in one of my books. of course, the real one was more of a light burgandy, and less bright red, but i think the Lego red worked out pretty well! i actually like it better thean the (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur

(...) The sheer (curve) to the hull is very nice, and adds an extra touch of realism! (...) Nice ship, Steve! Now all she needs is a crew. (...) Aaron :) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)