 Pirates / 4030
Subject:
HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 21:19:42 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

hello! i finished my most recent ship, HM Figate Minotaur. she is a light frigate, with 20 guns on the upper deck, and 4 carronades on the top deck. (much smaller than the real Minotaur, a 74, but her color inspired me, so i named mine after the original) she is 4 center sections, normal width. i made a full set of sails for her, with course, top, gallants, and royals. i also made some staysails, but i didnt make any for the mizzen, as they were too narrow and looked funny. so, heres a deep link:

and the post mod gallery page: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=92908

i had to make the masts very high, so i actually used a short mast base and a middle mast section with a mast platform, and attached a complete mast assembly of a tall base, middle section, and top section, to get tall fore and main masts. i had to fabricate some fighting tops, as the mast platforms were in the wrong spot. actually, after i built the tops and attached everything, the masts were pretty sturdy........until i added the stays. ironic, huh...

anyway, the goal of this ship was to break up the straight lines that lego lends itself to forming, as ships are not straight, but rather the hull is curved.

please let me know what you think!

best regards, steve

Re: HM 20 gun Frigate Minotaur