 Pirates / 287
  Imperial Soldiers Rank?

Hi all, I'm not a military buff and so I haven't a clue as to what the ranking of the Imperial soldiers are supposed to be. I gather that the one with the white trimmed hat is an admiral and the foot soldiers are obvious, but what are the others. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Imperial Soldiers Rank?

Tom, I don't think there was ever a formal ranking system, you'll have to sort one out for your own armed forces. There are two torsos: the grunt's, with the crossed white sashes, and the officer's (so I use them ;-) with the buttoned back top coat, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Imperial Soldiers Rank?

(...) By the way, there were soldiers, officers and admirals (being a finer coat than officers. They (of course) came in redcoats and bluecoats. 2 Cents. Aaron>maniac@vol.com (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Imperial Soldiers Rank?

(...) The shako-topped and backpacked soldiers are obvious as you say. The tricorn seems to represent officers, but doesn't have to (the Caribbean Clipper crew for example), and the bicorn hat and foldback uniform coat represent "admirals". You end (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Imperial Soldiers Rank?

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote (...) Color-coding is one way to go: red stripes with red coats, blue stripes with blue coats. Certainly cuts down on having to obtain expensive soldier figs. Or go more british navy and switch all your redcoats to the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Imperial Soldiers Rank?

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Richard Parsons (<FnuowG.DAE@lugnet.com>) wrote at 07:02:39 (...) Yep. I'm with you there. Blue coats being *naval* officers, that is. There are obviously officers in the marines as well :-) (...) I think the ships did carry (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Imperial Soldiers Rank?

(...) And then of course for the Atlantic half of the world, you can stage a re-enactment of The War of 1812... (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Imperial Soldiers Rank?

(...) You are absolutely correct from an historical viewpoint - however, I usually write these kind of things from a gaming standpoint. That way I know who belongs where. But my admirals wear their bicorns front-to-back rather than side-to-side, so (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Imperial Soldiers Rank?

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote (...) Mmmm, so do I. (URL) at all sure about the historical accuracy, but it just looks more dashing, no? My army chieftains wear them side-to-side. They're not _supposed_ to be as dashing, are they ;-) Richard Still baldly (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)