 Pirates / 279
Re: John E. Doolittle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:14:07 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
Bruce Schlickbernd wrote >The pirate babe is his older ex-partner's
daughter - she just didn't want to
Waite any longer.  Which is just as well, since Doolittle's wife was • fooling
around with his partner!  As to whether they were barristers or soliciters, • ya
got me!  We only have one form of lawyer here (all at once: And That's One • Too
Many!).  ;-)

Doolittle is simply being honest and admitting he is a pirate (Oooooooo, • I'm
gonna get sued).  His partner wants his daughter back.  She doesn't want to
go.  The authorities are under the impression that she is being held • hostage,
so are reluctant to engage him broadside to broadside.

So not only is the honest, brave, shrewd Capt John E. Doolittle pursued by
the British navy (whose captains hold for him a sneaking admiration, so they
don't press the point too hard, except for the upper class, wet behind the
ears, fresh out of the Naval Academy types), but he is also pursued by the
wealthy and dishonest (overbilling, doublebilling, fee marking up) Malcolm
P. Waite (barrister, likely to burst into oratory without warning and on an
apparently random basis, as the mood takes him), who, truth be told, seeks
Doolittle not to rescue his daughter, but to avenge his own slighted honour,
and to avoid Doolittle's ex-wife, who despite being drop dead gorgeous, is a
pain in the domestic neck of truly biblical proportions.

Waite would obviously be dressed in white for contrast - 'If you're gonna
fight, clash!'

Waite would probably have a vicious and covert agent would he not?

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/

(NB: I should have brought stories here before!)

The dishonorable and lecherous Captain Lance Boyle, on half-pay, is in the
employ of Malcom P Waite, and is in pursuit of our anti-hero.  No trick is too
underhanded for him, and on top of it, he has the hots for Miss Waite.  He has
the usual assortment of footpads to do the dirty work.

Bruce