 Pirates / 275
Re: John E. Doolittle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 00:06:36 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote in message ...
The Pirate Rogue, John E. Doolittle (formerly a partner in the law firm of
Doolittle & Waite).  As to communicating with animals, heck, even I can do
that (and boy am I sorry, since my proper pirate's bird is yakking his head
off at the moment).

Ok Ok, <<rummages for Y2k compliant pencil>> I'll need to build the inside
of a London Law firm ... no problem.  This guy's getting quite a history.
Cool!

So he's an associate with a top London firm, becomes a partner, decides this
sucks, uses what resources he has put together over the years to buy a
(pretty tacky) ship, and sets off for the high seas (of the Pacific) in
search of a purer form of justice <<fanfare>>.  He trained his tropical
parrot to speak on his first voyage, as a distraction from the waiting to
arrive.  Now the parrot keeps offering unsolicited life advice.  He'd shoot
it, but he feels responsible for it.

Here's a telling question for you - does his wife go with him, or must he
leave her behind in London?.  And if she stays behind, what's the deal with
the pirate babe?

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/