 Pirates / 1725
Re: who is steve jackson?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:31:32 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Sean Forbes wrote:

In a more direct answer to your question, yes, he is responsible for Evil
Stevie's Pirate game that we all like to play.  Check out the website for it at

http://www.io.com/~sj/PirateGame.html

Or just his main web site to find more about him at:

http://www.io.com/~sj/

He's not only a great game maker, he's a really neat guy and responsible for at
least one late-blooming AFOL, me.  Oh, and if you're reading this Steve, my
wife still has some choice words for getting me into this new hobby just when
my spending for the RPG collection had plateaued. :)  (The funniest part is
that he could just be reading this)

Sean, The Sharply Dressed yet Completely Mad Pirate

PS: I was recently shown an old issue of Shadis that laid out Lego Pirate rules
very similar to the Pirate game.  Does anyone know of any connection?

Ah, Pirate Wars by Stephen Gabriel (what is it with all these Steves -
it must be an Illuminati conspiracy or something...). I am certainly
curious as to any connection, but Pirate Wars seems to be aimed more at
being a pure wargame, where Evil Stevie's Pirate Game is oriented more
towards role playing and fun.

Incidentally, Stphen Gabriel's Pirate Wars rules (and more) are online,
check out the links from my Pirate Gaming page:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/pirate-gaming.html

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com