 Pirates / 1706
Re: who is steve jackson?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:38:12 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Franklin W. Cain writes:
You obviously have never played any Role Playing Games (RPG's).
Steve Jackson is the owner of Steve Jackson Games (tm).
He's also a Lego collector.  I'm hoping for him to show up
at Brickfest too. Check out "http://www.sjgames.com".

Is that the same steve jackson that wrote the "fighting fantasy"
RPG books?

Hold on a second here, I know I've encountered
that question before...

"http://www.sjgames.com/general/faq.html#6"

...Nope, wrong "Steve Jackson", he's the *other* Steve Jackson.

   And, dare I say it, the Superior Product [tm] if not the
   *wealthier* one.  (Is anyone involved in real gaming wealthy,
   save perhaps Gygax and Co of Terminally Silly Rules Corp and
   the flat-crack (various froth-inducing card games) people?)

   Then again, when gaming, who needs anything besides pizza,
   beer, and No-Doz?  I remember a few Ogre/Shockwave/G.E.V.
   marathons very well...one eventually degenerated into a game
   of "Turtles, Turtles, and more Turtles" a la TSG, as there
   were plenty of large empty boxes about.

   best

   LFB