 Pirates / 148
Re: Lego 2000 and Beyond
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 11:03:51 GMT

Richard Marchetti wrote
I want more 1700s themes, dammit!  If I can't have Pirates and Soldiers, • how
about a colonial village, or London in the era of Moll Flanders or Barry
Lyndon, or a Castillian castle and REAL conquistadors?

How about Lego Empire, or Lego Baroque?  Rococo?

Lego Solomon Kane?

Couldn't they just make a series of Soldier accessory packs?  I can't be • alone
in wanting to fill a field with soldiers of two kinds and muskets -- and I
guess Blue and Red is easiest (Redcoats and Prussians?).  And of course, • this
was a huge missed opportunity in Wild West -- speaking of the Blue and the
Grey conflict...

Damn, I don't remember writing this, but it sure sounds like I could have
written it.

I agree, I agree and ummm, I agree.

Except for the part about Blue and Red being Redcoats and Prussian - I
always thought of it as British and French infantry, with the Blues doubling
as British Navy as necessary.  For Prussians, I tend to use backpacks,
shakos, white epaulettes, blue pants, and the blue pirate shirt with the red
and white undershirt and brown belt.  Maybe you have to be there, but it
looks quite good IMHO.

Richard
Still baldly going...
Speak to the Governor at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/
PI[so,ig+++ pi++ is,ia-]++ AD++ NI+ TO---- S+ LS- A+ LM- YB66m :-)

Re: Prussian
Except for the part about Blue and Red being Redcoats and Prussian - I
always thought of it as British and French infantry, with the Blues • doubling
as British Navy as necessary.  For Prussians, I tend to use backpacks,
shakos, white epaulettes, blue pants, and the blue pirate shirt with the • red
and white undershirt and brown belt.  Maybe you have to be there, but it
looks quite good IMHO.

Like this http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/prussian.jpg

(And I know they didn't _really_ look like this. So? ;-)

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:

Except for the part about Blue and Red being Redcoats and Prussian - I
always thought of it as British and French infantry, with the Blues doubling
as British Navy as necessary.  For Prussians, I tend to use backpacks,
shakos, white epaulettes, blue pants, and the blue pirate shirt with the red
and white undershirt and brown belt.  Maybe you have to be there, but it
looks quite good IMHO.

Richard
Still baldly going...
Speak to the Governor at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/
PI[so,ig+++ pi++ is,ia-]++ AD++ NI+ TO---- S+ LS- A+ LM- YB66m :-)

Yup, English and French (or aboard Limey ships, officers and marines).

I like your Prussian.

Bruce

Re: Prussian
Except for the part about Blue and Red being Redcoats and Prussian - I
always thought of it as British and French infantry, with the Blues • doubling
as British Navy as necessary.  For Prussians, I tend to use backpacks,
shakos, white epaulettes, blue pants, and the blue pirate shirt with the • red
and white undershirt and brown belt.  Maybe you have to be there, but it
looks quite good IMHO.

Like this http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/prussian.jpg

That actually works out pretty well and looks really nice besides.  However,
unless you're talking about field armies, Prussian soldiers are kind of
useless...Hessians, maybe, but not Prussians.  I've always considered the
blue Imperials to be French; this is reinforced by the fleur-de-lis on the
flags, a symbol that no other nation used with such prominence.

LFB.

Re: Prussian
In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
Except for the part about Blue and Red being Redcoats and Prussian - I
always thought of it as British and French infantry, with the Blues • doubling
as British Navy as necessary.  For Prussians, I tend to use backpacks,
shakos, white epaulettes, blue pants, and the blue pirate shirt with the • red
and white undershirt and brown belt.  Maybe you have to be there, but it
looks quite good IMHO.

Like this http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/prussian.jpg

(And I know they didn't _really_ look like this. So? ;-)

Looks quite nice, certainly good enough for my Play-dough version of "history
interpreted by Lego".  Now I know what to do with all those blue-coat torsos I
have.  (Does anyone else find them as common as I do?)  Where is the head from?
I haven't seen it before.  I'm sure a variety of mustachioed heads, including
the Ice Planet guy and Obi-wan would do as well, though.  What might an officer
look like, I wonder?

Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective