 Organizations / United States / TennLUG / * (-5)
Re: Tennlug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.tennlug
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:14:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.tennlug, Justin Harvey wrote:
Hey all!

I e-mailed Rich and he responded awhile back, but ever since he hasent responded
to any of my e-mails. he said the Tennlug e-mail was spammed and isent used
anymore. And that he uses a new e-mail. (He did not give me the e-mail)

Well, ever since I've been wondering if we could revive Tennlug. I notice a lot
of AFOLs live in Tennessee. (
http://www.bricklink.com/memberList.asp?pg=1&stateID=33025&countryID=US&mDate=&showMe=&rID=&v=2&showCollage=
)

Justin D. Harvey
I am interested in reviving TennLUG but I don't know what I can do because I am
just 14. I am crazy about legos and I don't have a terribly large collection.
Most of my stuff is devoted to the lego mindstorms and stopmotion animation
though I have built a few mechs and sculptures but nothing huge (I'd say they
are under 1000 pieces). I check out this forum every so often see if anything
has changed/if anybody is still alive. This is my first post on LUGNet but I
have checked out LUGNet for about a year now. Nice to see I am not the only
Tennessean with a collection of legos.

Subject:
Tennlug
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.tennlug
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:34:18 GMT

Hey all!

I e-mailed Rich and he responded awhile back, but ever since he hasent responded
to any of my e-mails. he said the Tennlug e-mail was spammed and isent used
anymore. And that he uses a new e-mail. (He did not give me the e-mail)

Well, ever since I've been wondering if we could revive Tennlug. I notice a lot
of AFOLs live in Tennessee. (
http://www.bricklink.com/memberList.asp?pg=1&stateID=33025&countryID=US&mDate=&showMe=&rID=&v=2&showCollage=
)

Justin D. Harvey

Re: Florida AFoL Fest? And Greater Mid West Area (was: West Coast Brick Fest - concerns and hopes)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.org.us.tennlug
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:16:55 GMT

In lugnet.events, Robin Werner wrote:
In lugnet.events, Frank Filz wrote:
"James J. Trobaugh" wrote:

In lugnet.events, Eric Sophie wrote:
It makes alot of sense to have an event at each of the four corners of the USA.
The arrangment we had was perfect. VA, CA, WA. I want the Upper East Coast to
have one too in time. Having one event in each season and corner of the US.

This would mean one fest in each of the Four Seasons. One fest at each of the
four corners of the US. Cool Idea I hope.

Eric,

Hmm, looking at my trusty map, and considering the NE corner of the US
as Boston and the SE corner as Orlando (taking places that have known
centers of AFOLdom), then DC is closer to the NE corner. Let's see how
the quarters of the year stack out, assuming BW was to continue:

Jan-Mar: BricksWest, SW corner
Apr-Jun: available
Jul-Sep: BrickFest, NE corner
Oct-Dec: NW Brick Con, NW corner

Therefor, Orlando should organize a brick con in April, May, or June.
YUCK! A more ideal schedule would be:

I agree with you here... April-May hotel/airfare rates are high for spring break
Orlando area, but I bet Nov-Dec is not much better. All in all it's Orlando with
rooms-o-plenty, always a good deal!

Jan-Mar: SW corner (continue BricksWest)
Apr-Jun: NE corner (push BrickFest back into June where it started)
Jul-Sep: NW corner (pull NW Brick Con back into September)
Oct-Dec: SE corner (start a new brick con in Orlando)

Funny you should say Oct-Dec for a Florida event, I was thinking the same thing
today at work...

Right on, that's cool.

I "may" have access to a free large 2-4 room venue in the Tampa Bay Area the
weekend of Nov 28-30, 2003 (Nov 27 thru Dec 5 max)

See that! The guys in Florida Rock! I met people from Florida at Brick Fest, I
say to you guys! Make it happen! Florida has many great things to offer.
That's what is so great about America. Not to sound elitest, its just that each
state contributes to the Union, something we are proud about.

So here is ten thousand dollar question...
[[[[ Who would even think of coming to Florida for an event? ]]]]

I lived in the Key Biscane area for 2 years. We'll all chip in and rent a
Laborgini and take turns driving it to the Lego Store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need some names and numbers before I spend time planning or setting up an
event. Maybe it's too late for an event in Florida this year, but Nov 2004 could
work? Who knows, LIC could have pic-a-brick by then:)

I say when the time is right we should convene a counsel and discuss the
strengths and growth possiblilities to actually and trully make our Brick Fest /
Cons take off and become a true and unique Phenomena.

Also in a perfect world I see four US events a year with one of the four being
the main event for that year. The other three would be smaller, main event flag
would be past year to year to the other locations.

Right this is where Chicago and or Cleveland and or Mighigan could fit in.
The Uber show of Lego Fandom would happen every Third or Second time a year
round on a cycle.

So if the Major Clubs and People in the Florida and Mid West area can gear up,
just remember there could be a goal of having 4 fests, one at each season, and
the 5th and biggest show being every other year. Question is Who hosts this?

And for all else, please consider for some, that people in Chicago, Cleveland,
and the Mid West and elsewhere, feel that they have just as much to offer as to
where to host.

This is a good thing, something to work on.

All of us should be able to figure out what might be best.
What say you?

Could some of these groups help work towards this or, would any of you like to
offer your thoughts?

Do you think the idea of a Brick Fest/Con happening so that all seasons could
have an event to suit local Fans and potentials, plus the possiblitiy that a 5th
Largest could occur in one of your territories as the 5th Mighty Spur of the 5!
The biggest Show every 2nd year? This show would hopefully be embrased by the
Lego Company and they could be invited to partipate in the Largest show we have?
!!!

There is alot to move forward too. And some really cool possibilities!

Thoughts?

Eric Sophie

GardenSLUG
Lego Mecha Hall of Fame
Space-LUG-Mecha Combine -TBD-
Biomechanical Bricks

Let me know what you think?

Robin Werner
GFLUG/GFLTC

Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.org.us.tennlug
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:33:03 GMT

Yes, but I have not heard anything else for the past week or so.

Scott
Member 718

In lugnet.market.shopping, Seth McCarus writes:
And I've checked the Lebanon Rd (Donelson) and Antioch Targets, and found
virtually nothing on clearance.

By the way, are you guys involved in tennlug (www.tennlug.com)?  We're trying
to organize a meeting soon.

Seth.

Re: LUG / Train Club Meeting in Arkansas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ar, lugnet.org.us.tennlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 01:18:41 GMT

I'm still in...I just want to let the dust settle from the catastrophies
before I start attending.  Go ahead and email me a map too.
-Rob

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact