 Organizations / United States / SEALUG / *397 (-10)
Subject:
The Crystal Skull
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:15:14 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

After taking a break from BrickFest PDX and working on completing Mecha
Godzilla, I got a chance to head to LLCA. On my "parts and set run" I picked up
a few lbs of 1x2 clear plate!!

I was able to finish a MOC I had started years ago when they first had some rare
trans parts...

The results:
<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kamikazek/kubo/CrystalSkull/crystalskull9.jpg>>

Not bad I figure considering the limitation of types of trans parts and being
90% 1x2's.

Other angles Brickshelf:

Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85991162@N00/

Enjoy! Cheers!
~Tk

Subject:
Your website?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 20:24:20 GMT

Hi guys,

I'm looking at options for setting up a content management system for the
Brickvention website (it's currently static HTML). I've tried Geeklog on another
site, and it's OK, but doesn't do everything I'd like to do for our site. I was
checking out your site, and I like how it's setup, I was just wondering what
software you're using?

Thanks

ROSCO

FUT: .o-t.geek

Re: Space Needle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 04:54:53 GMT

   That looks beautiful! Will you be bringing it to NWBC? I’d love to see it in person!

I was planning on taking it to NWBC but it won’t be done in time for this year. Maybe next time. Waiting for more pieces to arrive, I do plan on getting it finished in a month or so.

Re: Space Needle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:07:25 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Ryan Swarick wrote:
   After almost of two years of work on and off, my 7 1/2 foot tall Seattle Space Needle is almost complete. I have been wanting to post my progress for a long time, but moving and buying a house has put me back on finishing the space needle and posting pictures. So it is not quite complete but will update my MOCpage and post more pictures to brickshelf. When it is finally complete I will give an update here and better pictures of this project.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/22787

That looks beautiful! Will you be bringing it to NWBC? I’d love to see it in person!

Kelly

Re: Space Needle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:48:08 GMT

Now that’s just beautiful! I love the seamless blend of building techniques and the slickness of the final model, the inhabited areas and supports also look good together (a failing of many MOCs). Very good work indeed.

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

Visit my brickshelf gallery: (pic=link)

Re: Pirates! Yarrr here, there be dead men...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:36:03 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Todd Kubo wrote:
   Well after a long hiatus of not building anything for a while, sudden inspiration has lead to a few pieces with some nice results.

First to come WIP is this Pirate skull from the movie poster for “Pirates 2: Dead Man’s Chest”

Enjoy - Savvy? ~Tk

Hmmm, not sure how I missed this post... but thats a totally awesome sculpture. I just got done adding your skull to my blog. As I said there, I especially love the jaw line, teeth and the accoutrements, particularly the little man talisman.

Spotlit.

Janey “Red Brick”

Re: Pirates! Yarrr here, there be dead men...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:48:29 GMT

Very nice work! This is my faviourite sculpture in ages! The whole thing is so realistic and beautiful it was a pleasure to look at. Now I am picturing a cave inside similar to Peter Pan...

God Bless and thanks for sharing!

Nathan

Visit my brickshelf gallery: (pic=link)

Re: Pirates! Yarrr here, there be dead men...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:47:27 GMT

Yar!

Excellent work.

Re: Pirates! Yarrr here, there be dead men...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 03:05:56 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Todd Kubo wrote:
   Well after a long hiatus of not building anything for a while, sudden inspiration has lead to a few pieces with some nice results.

First to come WIP is this Pirate skull from the movie poster for “Pirates 2: Dead Man’s Chest”

Will probably finish this over the weekend with the last detail elements just needing to be located...may think about moving the nose cavity down a few plates to locate more accurately, depends on structure.

Notes: Life sized, hinged jaw to allow some movement or “talkin”. (Hmm...might need to add that.) All parts but the bandana will be LEGO elements, including string to attach.

Folder after moderation

Enjoy - Savvy? ~Tk

Shoot, Finally finished the details. Also filled in the head to hide some of the “see through” aspect of the model. Enjoy! T

Subject:
Pirates! Yarrr here, there be dead men...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2006 06:57:25 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Well after a long hiatus of not building anything for a while, sudden inspiration has lead to a few pieces with some nice results.

First to come WIP is this Pirate skull from the movie poster for “Pirates 2: Dead Man’s Chest”

Will probably finish this over the weekend with the last detail elements just needing to be located...may think about moving the nose cavity down a few plates to locate more accurately, depends on structure.

Notes: Life sized, hinged jaw to allow some movement or “talkin”. (Hmm...might need to add that.) All parts but the bandana will be LEGO elements, including string to attach.

Folder after moderation

Enjoy - Savvy? ~Tk

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact