 Organizations / United States / SANDLUG / * (-20)
Re: Hi SANDLUG! Need more bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2013 17:15:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, John Cooper wrote:

Leanne,

My emails to you aren't going through. Please try emailing me. Thanks.

John C.

Hi John! Whoops, I think my account must have my old email address attached. Let
me fix that, and I will email you. So sorry about that!

--Leanne

Re: Hi SANDLUG! Need more bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2013 04:05:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, John Cooper wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, Leanne Opaskar wrote:
Hi there!

My husband and I are getting out of Lego -- we just don't have time and would
like to get our bricks to people who will actually use them, without the
headache of going through Bricklink.

Would SANDLUG, or someone in SANDLUG, be interested in buying them from us? We
have several of the Modular Buildings (Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, Emporium,
Market Street, Fire Brigade), a Metroliner, a Super Chief, and many other nifty
sets, including some of the nice medieval village sets.

We're local to San Diego and would be willing to drive to drop them off. I can
provide you with a complete list of the sets if anyone is interested, plus there
will be some odds and ends. We're hoping to get $2000 for everything, which is
well under what we could sell it for on Bricklink. We just don't want to go
through the hassle.

I apologize for not going through your website, but if you're not a member of
SANDLUG, you apparently can't contact the site moderator.

Thanks in advance!

--Leanne

Hi Leanne,

I'm forwarding your message to the SANDLUG mailing list to see if there is any
interest.

John C.

Leanne,

My emails to you aren't going through. Please try emailing me. Thanks.

John C.

Re: Hi SANDLUG! Need more bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2013 02:51:42 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Hi SANDLUG! Need more bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2013 03:54:13 GMT

[...]

Subject:
October SANDLUG Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2008 15:58:54 GMT

The October SANDLUG meeting will be on Saturday October 25 from 2:00 PM - ???
at Matt and Dawn's home. We're sticking with our regular meeting date of the
4th Saturday of the month.

We will be showing off MOCs, buy/sell/trade, and parts draft of 7038 troll
assault wagon. Since it is almost Halloween, there will be a costume contest,
and everyone is encouraged to build and bring Halloween themed MOCs. Reports
indicate that Matt and Dawn go all out decorating their home for the season -
don't miss it!

Email me for the address if you would like to attend.

Subject:
September SANDLUG Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 02:33:46 GMT

The September SANDLUG meeting will be on Saturday September 27 from noon - ???
at Steve DeCraemer's home. We're sticking with our regular meeting date of the
4th Saturday of the month.

We will be showing off MOCs, buy/sell/trade, and parts draft of 7624 Indy Jungle
Duel. I'm anxious to see how Steve's full size technic furnitire is coming
along. If you're interested in attending, send an email for the address.

Keep Building!

Subject:
July SANDLUG Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 03:21:37 GMT

The July SANDLUG meeting will be on Saturday July 26 from 6:30 PM - ??? at Matt
& Dawn's home. We're sticking with our regular meeting date of the 4th Saturday
of the month. The meeting time is later than usual because rumor has it that
perhaps 1 or 2 members might be attending Comic-Con. Matt lives only about 4
miles from the convention center.

We will be showing off MOCs, buy/sell/trade, and parts draft of 7040 Dwarves
Mine Defender. There's even rumor of a VIP in the AFOL community visiting. If
you're interested in attending, send an email for the address.

Keep Building!

Subject:
June SANDLUG Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 15:47:48 GMT

The June SANDLUG meeting will be on Saturday June 28 from 1:00-5:00 PM at Bruno
& Beth Todd's home in Pauma Valley (north of Escondido). Since this is in the
northern part of San Diego, it will be closer for any LUGOLA members that might
want to drive south.

We will be showing off MOCs, buy/sell/trade, parts draft of 4837 Creator Mini
Trains and 4838 Creator Mini Vehicles. If you're interested in attending, send
an email for the address.

Keep Building!

Subject:
May SANDLUG Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 14:50:48 GMT

The May SANDLUG meeting will be on Saturday May 24 from 1:00-5:00 PM at John
Cooper's home. Yes, we know this is Memorial Day weekend. We are trying to
establish a meeting routine on the 4th Saturday of the month.

We will be showing off MOCs, buy/sell/trade, build in a bag and parts draft of
4837 Creator Mini Trains and 4838 Creator Mini Vehicles. If you're interested in
attending, send an email for the address.

Keep Building!

Subject:
Comic-Con in Two Weeks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 23:44:20 GMT

Just a reminder that there are two weeks to go and since the meeting date is Saturday 28th, it will be a sold out day for sure (was last year).

Here’s where to go to buy tickets online- http://www.comic-con.org/cci/index.php It’s $30 to attend on Saturday.

And yes, LEGO will be there giving us a chance to win exclusive first edition UCS Millennium Falcons with certificates of authenticity.

Hope to see you there.

Adr.

Re: Is there a yahoo group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:56:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, Adrian Egli wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, Fradel D. Gonzales wrote:
Hi again.  I was just wondering if there was also a yahoo message board group
thing for the lug.

Good question.  Answer is no.  Back when Mat was still down here, we considered
it but thought of sticking w/ lugnet as the means to keep in touch. That was a
few years ago and things have changed since.  Apparently, using lugnet as the
only means just isn't working that great.

I am certainly open to the idea of making a message board on yahoo if you are.

Adr.

Sure I'm up for it.  This is a pain to have to go through lugnet.

Re: Is there a yahoo group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 14:32:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, Fradel D. Gonzales wrote:
Hi again.  I was just wondering if there was also a yahoo message board group
thing for the lug.

Good question.  Answer is no.  Back when Mat was still down here, we considered
it but thought of sticking w/ lugnet as the means to keep in touch. That was a
few years ago and things have changed since.  Apparently, using lugnet as the
only means just isn't working that great.

I am certainly open to the idea of making a message board on yahoo if you are.

Adr.

Subject:
Is there a yahoo group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 23:20:44 GMT

Hi again.  I was just wondering if there was also a yahoo message board group
thing for the lug.

Re: LLCA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:51:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, Fradel D. Gonzales wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, Jennifer Nogle wrote:
I am thinking of going to LLCA on Sunday, June 17th....anyone else?
Jen

I only saw this now.  If anyone else wants to go sometime after Brickworld that
would be cool.

The weekend of June 30th-July 1st is free for me.

Adr.

Re: LLCA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 19:07:11 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, Jennifer Nogle wrote:
I am thinking of going to LLCA on Sunday, June 17th....anyone else?
Jen

I only saw this now.  If anyone else wants to go sometime after Brickworld that
would be cool.

Subject:
LLCA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:18:17 GMT

I am thinking of going to LLCA on Sunday, June 17th....anyone else?
Jen

Subject:
LEGO Fanatics Summer Camps in San Diego CA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:41:47 GMT

I got an email today from Jeffrey C. Harry of Play-Well TEKnologies (Teaching
Engineering to Kids)

Here's what he said in the letter-

...we just wanted to pass on information about upcoming summer camps for Lego
Fanatics (K – 5th Grade) being offered in the San Diego area.  We will be
offering our Engineering with Lego camp where children will learn the
fundamentals of engineering and architecture, while having access to over
$10,000 worth of Lego (100,000 Pieces of Lego, including motors, gears, leads,
battery packs, etc.)

We thought this would be a good forum to let adult Lego fanatics know about the
camps, and spread the word to their children and friends’ children.

For more information on where the camps are located, visit our Craig’s List Ad:
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/cls/345197002.html

For more information on our program, visit our website, www.play-well.org.

I checked out the play-well.org site and found a full summer schedule of where
they'll be having camps posted-
http://www.play-well.org/index.php?id=648

Adr.

Subject:
Comic Con
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 19:58:21 GMT

So is anyone going to Comic Con?  I noticed it was done in the past.  Also is
there interest in revivng the Legoland meetings and Brick War sessions?

Re: Anyone home?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 20:53:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, Adrian Egli wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, Fradel D. Gonzales wrote:

I am currently staying with a friend for a while so I can't host anything.  Is
there a possibility of meeting any of you sometime for a drink or dinner?  Aside
from meetings my old lug would also have regular dinners at a bar and grill.

Fradel

Well, there is this suggestion I posted a few days ago-

http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/sandlug/?n=95

In the past, many of us would use LLCA as a location for "first meets".  Often,
the club house at the park (w/ its PAB) would be the site for the meet.  Could
that work for you?

Adr.

That sounds like a plan.  It would be good to finally place a face to the name.
I only know you from what Derek Schin told me.  He said that the two of you
served together during the Clone Wars.

Re: Anyone home?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sandlug
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 19:01:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sandlug, Fradel D. Gonzales wrote:

I am currently staying with a friend for a while so I can't host anything.  Is
there a possibility of meeting any of you sometime for a drink or dinner?  Aside
from meetings my old lug would also have regular dinners at a bar and grill.

Fradel

Well, there is this suggestion I posted a few days ago-

http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/sandlug/?n=95

In the past, many of us would use LLCA as a location for "first meets".  Often,
the club house at the park (w/ its PAB) would be the site for the meet.  Could
that work for you?

Adr.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact