 Organizations / United States / SacBB / *49 (-10)
Subject:
[Press Release} BayLUG Upcoming Events and 2007 Preview (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2006 02:39:26 GMT

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA ­ The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) and
Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce our schedule for the rest of
2006, and a preview of the 2007 schedule.

--------------------

Great Train Expo
Sat-Sun, September 23-24, 2006
Santa Clara County Fairgrounds
344 Tully Road
San Jose, CA 95111

The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) will be presenting at the Great Train
Expo at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds in San Jose on Saturday and
Sunday, September 23 and 24, 2006.

Show Hours:
10am-4pm both days
Admission: $7 for adults; Kids 11 & under free
Admission is good for both days.

Layout size 20'x25'

--------------------

October 2006 BayLUG Meeting
Sunday, October 8, 2006
11am-4pm

Museum of American Heritage
351 Homer Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94301

BayLUG will be having a meeting and show on October 8, 2006, from 11am-4pm
in the Frank Livermore Learning Center at the Museum of American Heritage in
Palo Alto. Members can bring models to display, as well as buy/sell/trade
LEGO parts and sets. Display space is limited however, so you need to
reserve space or even bring your own table(s). Watch the members mailing
list for more details.

This is our BayLUG anniversary meeting.

There will be members offering LEGO parts and sets for sale or trade, so
bring your wallet.

Set-up for members only will begin at 10:30am. Tear-down will begin at
3:30pm.

The theme for the building contest is "Harvest". Build and bring a model
that fits that theme of the contest to enter. Only BayLUG members are
eligible to enter. There are three age groups:

6-11 Years Old
12-17 Years Old
18 Years and Older

There will be one prize given for each age group. Only ONE entry per member,
please. All members wanting to participate in the building contest MUST show
their namebadge to be eligible to participate. If there are any under-6
entries, there will be an age appropriate prize available for them as well.
The contest judging will begin at 1:00pm.

Remember, the contest is for members only. If you're not a member, sign up
prior to the meeting and you can participate in the contest.

--------------------

Great Train Expo
Sat-Sun, November 25-26, 2006
Alameda County Fairgrounds
4501 Pleasanton Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566

The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) will be presenting at the Great Train
Expo at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton on Saturday and Sunday,
November 25 and 26, 2006 (Thanksgiving weekend).

Show Hours:
10am-4pm both days
Admission: $7 for adults; Kids 11 & under free
Admission is good for both days.

Layout size 20'x25'

NOTE: This is tentative and subject to change. Check back for updates.

--------------------

We are pleased to announce that our 3rd Annual ³Living LEGO-cy² Christmas
show will be on display in the Frank Livermore Learning Center at the Museum
of American Heritage in Palo Alto for the Holiday season. The display will
run from Saturday, December 16, 2006 through Sunday, January 14, 2007.
Friday, December 15, 2006 is a member¹s only set-up day, from 10am-5pm, and
the learning center will be closed to the public that day.

Palo Alto Museum ­ ³Living LEGO-cy²
December 16, 2006 ­ January 14, 2007
Museum of American Heritage
351 Homer Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94301

BayLTC will be presenting a self-running train layout with several loops of
trains running through town, farming, and suburban scenes. In addition,
BayLUG members will have a variety of other models on display.

Show Hours:
Friday-Sunday 11am-4pm
Monday-Thursday closed
Closed December 25, 2006
Closed January 1, 2007
Admission: Donation

Layout size 12.5'x25'

--------------------

Preview of the 2007 Schedule

Below is a preview of our upcoming 2007 schedule. All information is subject
to change without notice. Please check back for updates.

January ­ Christmas show ends
February ­ meeting
March ­ train show
April ­ meeting
May ­ TBD
June ­ meeting
July ­ TBD
August ­ meeting
September ­ train show
October ­ meeting
November ­ train show
December ­ Christmas display starts

--
Russell Clark
President/Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG

Subject:
[Press Release] Upcoming BayLTC Train Shows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:51:56 GMT

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - Below are the details for the upcoming
appearances of the Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC).

Sunday, December 18, 2005 to Sunday, January 15, 2006

Museum of the American Heritage
351 Homer Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301
http://www.moah.org

The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) and Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC)
are pleased to announce that we will once again be displaying at the Museum
of American Heritage in Palo Alto. Set-up is on December 18 and the show
officially opens on December 23.

Show Hours:
Friday-Sunday 11am-4pm
Closed Monday-Thursday
Closed December 25, 2005
Closed January 1, 2006

Admission: Donation

BayLTC will be presenting a self-running 12'x25' layout with several loops
of trains running through town, farming, and suburban scenes. The theme of
this layout is "Holidays in the Bay Area," and will feature locally-based
scenes with a holiday theme. In addition, BayLUG members will have a variety
of other models on display.

Saturday-Sunday, November 26-27, 2005
Great Western & Atlantic Train Show
Alameda County Fairgrounds
4501 Pleasanton Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
http://www.greatamericantrainshow.com

Show Hours:
11am-5pm both days
Admission: $8 for adults; Kids 12 & under free
Admission is good for both days.

The details of this layout are not finalized yet, so please check our
website peiodically for updates.

http://www.baylug.org

--
Russell Clark
President/Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG
http://www.baylug.org/russellc/
Fire Chief, PCFD
There is a very fine line between
"hobby" and "mental illness".

Subject:
[Press Release] Fall BayLUG Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 05:41:37 GMT

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please do not call or email the Museum of American
Heritage with questions about memberships, mailing lists, coupons, or
contests. BayLUG has not provided this information to the museum. Please
contact me with all questions, concerns, or comments.

For Immediate Release
Contact:
Russell Clark
rclark@telis.org
408.605.5412 (cell)

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) is
pleased to announce the details of our upcoming Fall Meeting. The meeting
will be held on Sunday, September 11, 2005 and will be held in the Frank
Livermore Learning Center at the Museum of American Heritage in Palo Alto.

To help prevent a lot of the same question: The museum has classes in this
room on Saturdays. This is why our meeting will be on a Sunday.

The address for the museum is:
Museum of American Heritage
351 Homer Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94302-1731
http://www.moah.org

The museum hours are 11am-4pm. The meeting will be held during the museum's
open hours.

We will be allowed to sell. If you've missed our Preferred Parts Vendor, he
will be there selling his wares.

The theme for the MEMBER'S ONLY building contest is "Patriotic". Anything
Patriotic is eligible for the contest.

There are three age groups:

6-11 Years Old
12-17 Years Old
18 Years and Older

There will be one prize given for each age group. Only ONE entry per member,
please. All members wanting to participate in the building contest MUST show
their namebadge to be eligible to participate. If there are any under-6
entries, there will be an age appropriate prize available for them as well.
The contest judging will begin at 1:30pm.

--
Russell Clark
Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG
There is a very fine line between
"hobby" and "mental illness."

Subject:
BayLTC in Danville!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.western, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 03:17:05 GMT

For Immediate Release
Contact:
Russell Clark
rclark@telis.org
408.605.5412 (cell)

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is
pleased to announce that we will be displaying at the Museum of the San
Ramon Valley in Danville, CA to help in celebrating Train Appreciation
Month. Our layout will be on display for a period of one week. We will be
setting up on Sunday and Monday, July 10-11, and our layout will be up and
running on the morning of Tuesday, July 12.

We will be presenting a self-running 13'x25' layout with several loops of
trains running through downtown/mainstreet, farming, waterfront, and
suburban scenes. The theme of this layout is "Railroad in the Central
Valley", and will feature locally-based scenes ranging from the 1850s to the
1950s.

Here are the show details:

July 12-17, 2005

Museum of the San Ramon Valley
Corner of Railroad and West Prospect Avenues
Danville, CA 94526

Directions from I-680 North:
Turn left on Sycamore Valley Road, turn right on San Ramon Valley Road, and
then turn left on Railroad Avenue. The Museum is at the intersection of
Railroad Avenue and West Prospect Avenue.

Directions from I-680 South:
Turn right on Sycamore Valley Road, turn right on San Ramon Valley Road, and
then turn left on Railroad Avenue. The Museum is at the intersection of
Railroad Avenue and West Prospect Avenue.

Museum Hours:
Closed Monday
10am-1pm Tuesday-Friday & Sunday
9am-3pm Saturday

Admission: Donation

Information may be obtained by calling 925.837.3750, emailing
MSRV@mindspring.com, or by visiting http://www.museumsrv.org or
http://www.baylug.org.

--
Russell Clark
Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG
There is a very fine line between
"hobby" and "mental illness."

Subject:
[Press Release] Summer BayLUG Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 06:16:18 GMT

For Immediate Release
Contact:
Russell Clark
rclark@telis.org
408.605.5412 (cell)

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) is
pleased to announce the details of our upcoming Summer Meeting. The meeting
will be held on Sunday, June 12, 2005 and will be held in the Frank
Livermore Learning Center at the Museum of American Heritage in Palo Alto.

To help prevent a lot of the same question: The museum has classes in this
room on Saturdays. This is why our meeting will be on a Sunday.

The address for the museum is:
Museum of American Heritage
351 Homer Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94302-1731
http://www.moah.org

The museum hours are 11am-4pm. The meeting will be held during the museum's
open hours.

We will be allowed to sell. If you've missed our Preferred Parts Vendor, he
will be there selling his wares.

The theme for the MEMBER'S ONLY building contest is "Vignettes". Vignettes
are small scenes built on just a 6x6, 6x8 or 8x8 baseplate. To give you some
ideas of what these look like, check out these sites:

http://news.lugnet.com/build/vignette/
http://news.lugnet.com/build/vignette/FAQ
http://news.lugnet.com/build/vignette/Galleries

There are three age groups:

6-11 Years Old
12-17 Years Old
18 Years and Older

There will be one prize given for each age group. Only ONE entry per member,
please. All members wanting to participate in the building contest MUST show
their namebadge to be eligible to participate. If there are any under-6
entries, there will be an age appropriate prize available for them as well.
The contest judging will begin at 1:30pm.

--
Russell Clark
Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG
http://baylug.org/russellc/
Asst. Chief, PCFD
There is a very fine line between
"hobby" and "mental illness."

Subject:
[Press Release] Special Guest at Spring BayLUG Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 05:37:02 GMT

For Immediate Release
Contact:
Russell Clark
rclark@telis.org
408.605.5412 (cell)

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) is
pleased to announce that Brendan Powell Smith, creator of The Brick
Testament, will be doing a book signing at our Spring meeting. Those
unfamiliar with Brendan or The Brick Testament should visit his website:

http://www.thebricktestament.com

This meeting will be held in the Frank Livermore Learning Center at the
Museum of American Heritage in Palo Alto.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

The museum hours are 11am-4pm.

Museum of American Heritage
351 Homer Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94302-1731
http://www.moah.org

--
Russell Clark
Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG
http://baylug.org/russellc/
Asst. Chief, PCFD
There is a very fine line between
"hobby" and "mental illness."

Subject:
[Press Release] 2005 BayLUG Meetings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb
Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 05:57:51 GMT

For Immediate Release
Contact:
Russell Clark
rclark@telis.org
408.605.5412 (cell)

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - For the past several months, the Bay Area LEGO
Users Group (BayLUG) has been looking for a place to hold it's meetings
after learning the the Fremont Main Library was undergoing renovations.

I am pleased to announce that I have secured a meeting place for BayLUG for
2005. BayLUG meetings will be held in the Frank Livermore Learning Center at
the Museum of American Heritage in Palo Alto.
Here are some details:

We will be allowed to sell. If you've missed our Preferred Parts Vendor, he
will be there selling his wares.

Three dates have been chosen and they are on the museum's calendar.
These dates are:

Sunday, April 10, 2005
Sunday, June 12, 2005
Sunday, September 11, 2005

We will also be presenting a three week Christmas train layout and static
display sometime in late December/early January. The dates of this are still
being worked out.

To help prevent a lot of the same question: The museum has classes in this
room on Saturdays. This is why our meetings will be on Sundays.

The address for the museum is:
Museum of American Heritage
351 Homer Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94302-1731
http://www.moah.org

The museum hours are 11am-4pm.

Each meeting will have a member's only building contest.

The theme for the member's only building contest for the April meeting is
"Spring". Anything Spring related can be entered. There are three age
categories:

6-11 Years Old
12-17 Years Old
18 Years and Older

There will be one prize given for each age group and only one entry per
person. If there are any under-6 entries, I will have an age appropriate
prize available for them as well. The contest judging will begin at 1:30pm.

--
Russell Clark
Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG
There is a very fine line between
"hobby" and "mental illness."

Re: Sacramento Brick Builders March meeting 3/5/05
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sacbb
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:18:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sacbb, Roy Gal wrote:
   Hello all,

SacBB, the Sacramento Brick Builders, will have its monthly meeting on Saturday, March 5th, from 11AM-3PM at the Arden-Dimmick Library. Our meeting will include the usual sharing of MOCs, BrikWars, and this time, a themed building contest. The contest theme for this meeting will be “spring”. Anything you can think of that’s associated with the season of spring is fair game. We’ll have prizes for a 12-and-under category, and an over-12 category. All members (including new members signing up at the meeting) will be eligible for prizes and to vote.

We expect quite a few new members due to our recent press coverage.

See you all soon! And Happy Building! Roy

what techs is the brikwar games gonna be?and what kind of MoC’s?and how much to join?

Subject:
Sacramento Brick Builders March meeting 3/5/05
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:35:10 GMT

Hello all,

SacBB, the Sacramento Brick Builders, will have its monthly meeting on Saturday, March 5th, from 11AM-3PM at the Arden-Dimmick Library. Our meeting will include the usual sharing of MOCs, BrikWars, and this time, a themed building contest. The contest theme for this meeting will be “spring”. Anything you can think of that’s associated with the season of spring is fair game. We’ll have prizes for a 12-and-under category, and an over-12 category. All members (including new members signing up at the meeting) will be eligible for prizes and to vote.

We expect quite a few new members due to our recent press coverage.

See you all soon! And Happy Building! Roy

Subject:
[Press Release] BayLTC to Lecture at MoAH (update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 05:29:20 GMT

UPDATE:
Sorry everyone. I probably should have added a few more details yesterday.
The lecture starts at 7:30pm. It is free for museum members and $5 for
non-members.
Russell

For immediate release:
Contact:
Ellen Harrington 650-321-1004

"LEGO® Trains: Only Imagination Required" & "Thomas & Friends in LEGO"

Palo Alto, CA: Feb 1 ­ On Wednesday, February 16, 2005 Kenny Paul will be
presenting "LEGO® Trains: Only Imagination Required". LEGO trains, produced
since 1965, are toys not models. This presentation will explore the history
of LEGO trains and show samples of "My Own Creations" (MOCs). Examples of
the LEGO train timeline will be present, plus there will be demonstrations
and Q&A. Kenny Paul has been a member of the Bay Area LEGO Users Group
(BayLUG) since July of 2001. As part of BayLUG his work has been displayed
at several local train shows, the Lawrence Hall of Science, the
Amador-Livermore Valley Historical Society and Museum, and LEGOLAND
California.

Russell Clark will be presenting "Thomas & Friends in LEGO". It was once
said that "Every show needs a Thomas". This presentation was created in
response to that quote. This presentation will give some modeling hints,
tips, and tricks, show examples of all known variations of Thomas and other
related characters, and benefit both the general public and other LTCs (LEGO
Train Clubs) in making their own LEGO Thomas. Some examples will be present
for viewing. Russell Clark, a fan of LEGO for almost 20 years, is co-founder
of the Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) in 1998 and the Bay Area LEGO
Train Club (BayLTC) in 2000, two very active LEGO clubs in the San Francisco
Bay Area. He is considered a leader in the AFOL (Adult Fan of LEGO)
community.

The Museum of American Heritage, located in the historic Williams House in
Palo Alto, operates programs to collect, preserve, and present objects that
illustrate the evolution of 19th and 20th century invention and technology.
MOAH provides hands-on education to engage and encourage the public,
especially youth, to understand and appreciate the history of technology as
a stimulus for the creative mind. In addition, the Museum sponsors events
that bring together diverse individuals and groups interested in our
heritage of ingenuity and invention.

Regular exhibit hours are 11 AM to 4 PM, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Admission is free.

MOAH thanks its sponsors  for 2005:
The Moore Family Foundation
See¹s Candies
The Frank Livermore Trust

351 Homer Avenue, P.O. Box 1731, Palo Alto CA, 94302-1731
Phone (650) 321-1004
Fax (650) 473-6950
Web site: www.moah.org
E-Mail: mail@moah.org

A California Non-Profit Corporation
Federal ID #77-0106732: State ID #1280035

--
Russell Clark
Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG
There is a very fine line between