 Local / United States / California / Sacramento / 88
87  |  89
Subject:
[Press Release] Summer BayLUG Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 06:16:18 GMT

For Immediate Release
Contact:
Russell Clark
rclark@telis.org
408.605.5412 (cell)

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) is
pleased to announce the details of our upcoming Summer Meeting. The meeting
will be held on Sunday, June 12, 2005 and will be held in the Frank
Livermore Learning Center at the Museum of American Heritage in Palo Alto.

To help prevent a lot of the same question: The museum has classes in this
room on Saturdays. This is why our meeting will be on a Sunday.

The address for the museum is:
Museum of American Heritage
351 Homer Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94302-1731
http://www.moah.org

The museum hours are 11am-4pm. The meeting will be held during the museum's
open hours.

We will be allowed to sell. If you've missed our Preferred Parts Vendor, he
will be there selling his wares.

The theme for the MEMBER'S ONLY building contest is "Vignettes". Vignettes
are small scenes built on just a 6x6, 6x8 or 8x8 baseplate. To give you some
ideas of what these look like, check out these sites:

http://news.lugnet.com/build/vignette/
http://news.lugnet.com/build/vignette/FAQ
http://news.lugnet.com/build/vignette/Galleries

There are three age groups:

6-11 Years Old
12-17 Years Old
18 Years and Older

There will be one prize given for each age group. Only ONE entry per member,
please. All members wanting to participate in the building contest MUST show
their namebadge to be eligible to participate. If there are any under-6
entries, there will be an age appropriate prize available for them as well.
The contest judging will begin at 1:30pm.

--
Russell Clark
Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG