Re: NELUG's 2nd Window display at The Construction Site in Waltham MA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 23:14:21 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
Followups to lugnet.org.us.nelug

The first set of pictures are up for the NELUG Castle display in the window at
The Construction Site in Waltham MA http://www.constructiontoys.com/ .

At this stage 3 NELUG members are included.  They are Dave Eaton, Chris
Phillips, and Eric Kingsley.  Suzanne Rich is going to be adding her stuff soon
to help complete the display.

Unfortunately this is an extremely difficult space to photograph and the
outside pictures have quite a bit of glare off the windows.  I am hopeing to go
back and take some more pictures once Suzanne adds her stuff.  I will wait
until I can go at night because the outside glare should be minimized at night.

Anyway for now here are some pretty good pictures to start off with.

I think those are very good pictures = )

http://www.nelug.org/cswindow2/

Please not the Gate and "Modular" Wall system that Dave Eaton and I came up
with.  I like it a lot and I think it will only get more impressive as we are
able to add more sections in the future.

I really like the modular wall...vey formidable and reminiscient of The
Castle Aberwyvern in Stewart McCauley's illustrated book Castle...

  Many of us plan on making this
display an ongoing NELUG project even after it is no longer in the window at
TCS.

Very Cool! An ongoing/developing medieval Castle/town.
If your effort doesn't insipre more interest (and sales) ...I don't know
what will...

The strength of your design to me is the integration of "traditioal" bricks
vs. BURPS and prefab parts...Very inspirational and architectually
interesting...

I like the color integration...the blue villa compliments the layout, as
does the blue line at the top of the wall...The scale of the INN and Stable
is magnified by the other dwellings/structures...

Your placement of the more humble dwellings around the layout is realistic,
adding to the medieval flavor.  I think your display would benefit from the
addition of more minifigures, but I assume this is in the works.(not a
criticism, just a comment = )

I think many customers may be dismayed to find out the Lego boxed sets are
no where near the quality of your display...of course, this may lead to
larger sales in parts packs...

I now wish I had many more roof pieces and tan bricks than I do now (as well
as the room to display my creations)

Is there going to be a "created by NELUG" banner?
(all of you deserve the credit for your creative endeavor)

I eagerly look forward to new developments...
(are you still going to have "the Bulls" lay seige to the town?)

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: