Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:04:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:
<SNIP> • <SNIP>

Lastly - do we want to try and incorporate multiple objectives?  I think some
our most successful games have been when there have been multiple "objects" to
hunt down, worth various points, for example.  A single objective might simply
lead to a full-frontal engagement ... which is worthwhile in and of itself, of
course ...

How about this?  What if we also scattered gold around the field?  Collecting
it could be used to do such interesting things as (a) buy the allegiance of
peasants, enemy troops, etc, (b) purchase various goods or equipment or siege
weapons or magical  weapons upgrades at indestructible depots, (c) or other
money-related things.  It could also count for value at the end of the game -
if you spent it, you might have been more successful in some objectives.  If
you saved it, it counts as treasure that adds to your "score", much like the
various colored 1x1 tiles did.  Just ideas :P

Oh man, you gave me an idea...what if *no* units inherently possed any magic
and it is *always* derived from objects?  We could scatter these objects
which have various powers all over the place and depending on what you
find/take, those are the abilities that you get (for the unit that posses
it)?  One modification to this is that perhaps each side gets *one*
magic-being character (like Merlin) as they see fit, but all other majic
comes from the objects as I've just mentioned.  Just a thought.

- Joe