Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:55:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas writes:
Yeah-- I could of course see someone unsportsmanlike (say, Shaun) making 1
character with magic 40CP plate armor, one character with a magic 40CP
sword, and one who was a 50CP base character with crazy SP's, then just
having his armor & sword characters give their weapons to the 50CP
character. Shame on you, Shaun for even thinking that.

So what is really wrong with this concept?  If Shaun made an army of
servants and one warrior, I could keep him stuck in one place for the entire
game by using an SP power.

Well, ok, a magic plate armor and sword aren't good examples, but let's just
say a mega-powerful character doesn't need to worry much about where on the
board he is. Consider Neil's necromancer. Ouch.

Is there some way of allowing the switching of items between troops without
one warrior becoming to powerful.  Maybe we limit the range of SP weapons or
make long range SP powers only an ability of the minifig.  Are there rules
on what a Mage can wear (armor).  I could see having a powerful mage, with a
weak AV level.

I never saw Neil's Necromancer.  Do we have specs on him?
<snip>

Jonathan D.