Re: debriefing!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:52:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jonathan Dallas writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Have you got enough room for a ship?  :D

Definitely.  We can set it up in the guest room.  How big a table do you
need for it?

  The footprint is 13' x 20".  That's the minimum platform space
  needed.  (Thus it might need a floor--the NELUG tables might not
  support it, given that it weighs around 200lb.)

Is it really 13 feet long?  It doesn't look that big in the photos.  Yes I
have floor space.  Gog that is big.

On the map, I've included five 32x32 modules that need to be built (see '?'
modules on the MAP).  These modules are design to be interchangable by
having the doorways in the same location (see Door location..).  This design
allows us to add a little mystery to the map by not knowing the exact layout
of the ship.  I only need four of these built since I've already built one.

MAP:

Door location of needed modules:

  Hmmm.  I might be able to build two, but that would be the
  most.  Any color standards I should bear in mind?  Preferences?
  Etc.?  (And, of course, ought I bring a squad, or are we using
  my Japanese sailors?)

I don't think sailors will fit in very well with a TL6 space ship, but it
might still be funny.  Currently I'm thinking of a 300-400cp for each of the
two teams, but I need figure out if that works with the size of the ship.  I
don't want it to be too crowded.

Colors are up to you.  Here are some of the existing modules:

Oh, I forgot to mention the orginal module designs are missing a layor of
flats at the base.  so the walls are a baseplate, a plate, and 7 bricks tall
in that order.

Two modules should be more than enough.  I can build some blanks just in case.

I'm going to be posting an offical Brikwars post soon with all the details.

Since Susan and Lindsay haven't seen the modules from the last game, I would
like to encourage everyone to put covers on there modules (simple base plate
placed on top).  This applies to any new ones as well.

  Susan?  If you're talking about my Susan, there's no way in Hell
  she'd come to BrikWars.  :)  She appreciates my obsession, but
  does not in any way wish to share it.

Sorry, from your orginal message I got confused and thought she was coming
along.  I'm sorry she doesn't appreciate such a wonderfully creative hobby.

<snip>
  Will do.  The email LUGNET lists also works.  Are you in Boston
  proper?

Yes, see direct email message.

Jonathan