Re: Brikwars, Jan 18-19!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:14:30 GMT

You are, of course, quite welcome, and I'd like to express my appreciation to
everyone who came, especially the experienced players who helped the handful of
first-timers, such as myself, to have a great inaugural game.  As for the
postmortem, I believe that Shaun was intending to author it, though he was
relying on those of us with digital cameras for the photos.  My internet
connection was flakey this weekend, but I will hopefully put them on brickshelf
by the end of the day.  Unfortunately, my batteries were running low, so I
think that after a certain point, the shots weren't getting written completely
to the compact flash card.  I know that Joe and Jorge both had digital cameras
there, so if you guys could get your pics up to Brickshelf too, I'm sure Shaun
would appreciate having more than my handfull of shots to choose from.

And finally, I'd like to thank Shaun again for masterminding this and doing
the majority of the work setting this game up.  Either Shaun doesn't sleep,
or I need to get a job with his company, because he obviously spends incredible
amounts of time on this stuff!  Great work!

-Craig

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Woohoo!

  What a great time.  I don't know who's writing the postmortem, but
  it should be...epic.  Thanks to Craig for the excellent hosting (and
  the unintended bonus slalom entertainment) and the munchies, Shaun for
  bringing all the beauties (yes, even the Hanomags), everyone from
  NELUG for working this out for a time that I could join in, and much
  more that my feeble and tired brain just can't think of right now.
  Yes, the Allies got their butts handed to them on a platter, but
  boy was it fun being kicked around.  (Important note:  This doesn't
  mean I intend to have my butt so kicked again.  Mark my words, and
  add evil, vengeful laughter for effect!)

  best

  LFB