Subject:
ConTraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 02:05:23 GMT

Is anyone else aware of ConTraption? The notice I rec'd in the mail on
Saturday reads as follows: Top Secret! ConTraption 2002.  June 28-30, 2002
at the Double Tree Hotel near Detroit Metro Airport in Romulus, Michigan. I
have not been to this show in the past, but perhaps it may be worth looking
into to do a Michlug display. The web address is www.contraption.org. The
email address is contraption_2002_public@yahoogroups.com. It is likely
similar to ConFusion. I do know the hotel has large conference rooms.

Re: ConTraption
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Steven D. Weiser writes:
Is anyone else aware of ConTraption? The notice I rec'd in the mail on
Saturday reads as follows: Top Secret! ConTraption 2002.  June 28-30, 2002
at the Double Tree Hotel near Detroit Metro Airport in Romulus, Michigan. I
have not been to this show in the past, but perhaps it may be worth looking
into to do a Michlug display. The web address is www.contraption.org. The
email address is contraption_2002_public@yahoogroups.com. It is likely
similar to ConFusion. I do know the hotel has large conference rooms.

   It tends to be smaller than ConFusion.  It's happening unusually
   late this year, so it looks like I'm going to be going--not as any
   part of a LUG, but just because I've been to twelve of the things
   in my lifetime already.

   best

   LFB

Re: ConTraption
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Steven D. Weiser writes:
Is anyone else aware of ConTraption?

Yes.  Michlug had a display last year.  See:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=1132

I don't know if anyone had been thinking about doing it again this year.  I
would probably be interested.

The notice I rec'd in the mail on
Saturday reads as follows: Top Secret! ConTraption 2002.  June 28-30, 2002
at the Double Tree Hotel near Detroit Metro Airport in Romulus, Michigan. I
have not been to this show in the past, but perhaps it may be worth looking
into to do a Michlug display. The web address is www.contraption.org. The
email address is contraption_2002_public@yahoogroups.com. It is likely
similar to ConFusion. I do know the hotel has large conference rooms.

-Jason

Jason Spears
MichLUG - http://www.michlug.org/
Lego Page - http://www.ozbricks.com/brickcentral/

Re: ConTraption
Just to keep this list abreast of what's been said on the Yahoo! group, a
ConTraption person talked to me about us appearing there in January at the
last Con, and Scott's been in touch with them more recently and is waiting
to hear back.  There are a number of people in the group who want to do the
show, myself included.

Peter

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Jason Spears writes:
[...]

Indeed. I am still waiting to hear back from them, I might e-mail them
again. Any thoughts on what we want to do?

Scott S.

Re: ConTraption