Re: Confusion convention photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:55:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, David Kohrman writes:

I'm hoping someday to get one of those electrical converters so I can
just make
use of all the 12v track and speed regulator I have.

Radio Shack has step up transformers and plug convertors so if you have, for
instance, a UK 220v trafo, you can use it.

But what I think people also do is run the stuff on 9v power. YOu just make
a wire that has the 12v connector on one end (there is a kind that has screw
terminals on it) and the 9v connector on the other.

Lights are dim, things run a bit slower, but I hear everything works. Search
in .trains for more info on this. It may even be in Cary's FAQ.

This dual personality wire harness can also be used to get the interior
lights to work even if you converted the motor to 9V.