Moc: Academy of Music
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 04:44:22 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I've added a new building to my town layout.  Its modeled after the now
demolished Academy of Music in Kalamazoo Michigan.  The original was designed
by Louis Sullivan himself and opened in 1883.  It was torn down in 1967.

My building is three stories with a decorative white and red facade and roof
spire.  The front wall is built from standard bricks and lots and lots of 1x1
red and white plates.  The back walls are built of 2x4 bricks.  All in all a
nice addition to the town.

I have more of a description on my webpage...

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~d9kohrma/legoacademy.html

or you can go directly to my Brickshelf gallery...

Note: The roof access hatch looks orange in the photo but is actually red.

Let me know what you think.  Thanks!!!

David Kohrman
Lugnet # 1117