Re: Shell Promo Availability?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:11:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Chris Leach writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Tim Strutt writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Enrique Durand writes:
I was wondering about the Shell promo sets numbered 1252-1256. Are they
available currently, or did I miss out on them? All the Shell stations near
have the 1246-1251 promo sets, and seem to have plenty of them, but none of
the larger sets. Are they available only in certain regions of the U.S.?
Thanks in advance for your responses - I just got back into Lego after a
very long absence, and realize there is so much I need to catch up on...;)

Along the same lines, does anybody know if there are any Shell stations in
Detroit that have the larger LEGO promo sets, and are close enough to the
Canadian border to make it worth going through customs?
I'm going to Windsor this weekend for a wedding, and would love to pick up
a couple sets if I can.
Thanks in advance. Play well.

Tim,if you  are going to be in Windsor you are only about a 45 minutes from
a gas station in Farnington Hills that has most all the sets big and small.

Doh! You had to tell me that. It looks like we might not make it to Windsor
after all. Sounds like Heidi's cousin is postponing the wedding. Complicated
issue, but the short of it is we won't be going down if it's called off.
And just as I was printing out directions, setting plans to visit the LEGO
outlet, and US Shell stations, ... ugh! Only to have my hopes dashed on the
rocks. Well, I guess not as badly as his fiancee. <ouch>
Oh well. Maybe I'll scrape some cash together and find someone who'll ship
me a couple. I can dream, can't I?
Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)
ParLUGment #2