 Organizations / Canada / VLC / * (-5)
Subject:
New Logo Etc.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2013 19:47:12 GMT

The VLC is still alive and growing! With the second LEGO Store coming to
Vancouver this year interest in LEGO has never been greater in Vancouver. Is
there some way to change the VLC Logo here? We recently updated it to
http://vlc.ca/wp-content/themes/vlc-twentytwelve/images/headers/vlc.jpg

If you're looking for us though we're all on our website http://vlc.ca

Subject:
Science World
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 18:46:52 GMT

It's been a while since anyone from the VLC posted on here so I'll post that the
VLC is displaying its Winter Wonderland layout and the YVR Airport Station at
the Science World Wings Wheels and Waves exhibit in Vancouver
http://www.scienceworld.ca/lego.html until May 4th 2009. Don't forget our
website is at vlc.ca

Subject:
Travel and/or ride share
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2006 16:22:41 GMT

Hi!

Just in case anyone still needs a ride from Vancouver Island/Lower Mainland
and/or a place to sleep for NW BrickCon I am driving a van from
Victoria-Tswassen-Bellingham-Seattle on Thursday and back Sunday. Space is
available in the van and in the Hotel room at the Quality Inn near the Seattle
Center.

Anyone willing to share costs is welcome to contact me via email by noon
Thursday.

Re: New VicLUG site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:19:47 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Joseph Williams wrote:
   http://www.viclug.ca The new VicLUG ( Victoria, BC, Canada ) site is up and basically ready for public use ( these things are never totally done ). Please update your bookmarks, the previous VL sites are not being updated anymore, or add us a new one, we’d be flattered!

The general community might be interested in our links and tools page which some people have already found and given feedback on. It started as a personal bookmark and search tool page and has grown. The page is linked on a few sites so it’s not tied directly into the viclug.ca site, rather still on my personal site where it was developed first. If you want to link just that page it’s : http://www.blobfarm.com/lego.html and link back information is at the bottom of the page.

It’s not meant to make other link pages redundant, instead work with them. I’ve been in contact with Klas from wiki-brick-links and we’re sharing ideas and tips ( and a joy for duplo ). You might find one of your own sites on the page, and if it’s a brickshelf link with a one word description appended, please don’t be offended, I’m not boiling you down to that cubby, it’s a keyword description reference for memory jogging. The page is not going to make any attempts at being a thorough list, rather a useful personal list with a regional bent.

Thanks for looking, and hope this adds to the community locally and interwebby!

sorry for repost, messed up the futs and this didn’t go everywhere in the first place ( so it’s not totally a repost ;) )

Subject:
Coming in October: NWBrickCon 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 05:11:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

NWBrickCon 2005, a convention in the Pacific Northwest for Adult Fans of
Lego, will take place October 7th, 8th, and 9th, 2005, in Seattle.  All
AFOLs are invited.  This will be the fourth annual NWBrickCon.  Planned
highlights include:

* MOCs
* public exposition
* Brick Bazaar
* roundtables
* build contests
* presentations
* lots of AFOLs

More details and online registration for the 2005 event will be available
at
http://www.nwbrickcon.org/
in the next few weeks.

--