 Organizations / Canada / VLC / *1685 (-5)
Re: The Vancouver LEGO club at Science World in Vancouver, BC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.sealug
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:44:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.sealug, Dean Husby wrote:
Hello Fellow brick fetishists!

There is a very good chance that the Vancouver Lego Club will be exhibiting its
talents at Science World ( http://scienceworld.ca ) in the spring of 2005.  We
are very keen on involving some of the surrounding area groups, if they would
like to make the visits up to Vancouver.  The exhibit will be approximately 13
weekends, so there is a tremendous amount of flexibility.  However, some of the
thoughts that we have had are as follows:

- Other club's display of MOCs,
- Vancouver versus Seattle ISD build competition (CANAM)-- who can build the
Star Destroyer the fastest? Maybe even break the world record?

This is an update that the VLC will no longer be participating in this event.

Subject:
O'Canada!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 23:52:43 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Fellow Canadians,

After seeing a large scaled Mountie in “Brickbaron’s” Brickshelf folder for the Vancouver Road Show, I was compelled to build my own, but to the same scale as set 3723 (LEGO Mini-Figure Sculpture). Regrettably, his staff with a red and white flag, nor is his trusty revolver are complete for the holiday. I will post new pictures once they are finished.

So to celebrate Canada Day I have posted both my maxifig Mountie and my minifig R.C.M.P. Musical Ride. If you are feeling patriotic or you are just waiting for your beer to chill, please drop by for a look.

Happy Canada Day!

Janey “Red Brick” (Wondering if I should build a maxifig horse for Max to ride, eh?)

Subject:
Restrospective on Classic Space Seminar at BrickFest PDX 2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.us.mt
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:54:39 GMT

Want to relive the good old days of Classic Space? Join me at BrickFest PDX 2004 for my Retrospective on Classic Space seminar. I’ll be sharing some of the highlights from my personal complete Space collection. See the old 70’s Rocket Set, the original Moon Lander, both versions of the Space Command Center, and a wide variety of hard to find classic sets, nearly all in original boxes (except 1593 and 6807). Or look though my complete collection of space set directions that will be on hand.

I need your help to make this great - if you have a request for any particular space set you would like to see, email me ahead of time at mattchiles@gorge.net and I will bring it along. See you at BrickFest PDX 2004!

-Matt Chiles
Brick Bazaar and Auction Coordinator, BrickFest PDX 2004, February 13-15, 2004
BrickFest | PNLTC | AuctionBrick

Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 04:18:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Tim Strutt <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote:

In lugnet.announce, Dean Husby wrote:
The Vancouver LEGO® Club was put to the test against Master Builders
as they constructed a layout for the "What will you make?" LEGO®
North America RoadShow tour.
<snip>

Wow, those pictures are awesome! Looks like an incredible display. I
wish I could have seen it in all it's glory. I see several automated
items in the pictures that I'm sure would have been cool to see in
motion.
That must have taken a huge amount of work. Congratulations all.
Play well.

Tim Strutt

Thanks, I'm pretty sure we'll have some video up on it soon. We took a lot
pictures as well as video, and we just need to get them up.

Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 04:05:03 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Dean Husby wrote:
> The Vancouver LEGO® Club was put to the test against Master Builders
> as they constructed a layout for the "What will you make?" LEGO®
> North America RoadShow tour.
><snip>

Wow, those pictures are awesome! Looks like an incredible display. I
wish I could have seen it in all it's glory. I see several automated
items in the pictures that I'm sure would have been cool to see in
motion.
That must have taken a huge amount of work. Congratulations all.
Play well.

Tim Strutt

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact