 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 18052
Re: new gear? - Column Gear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:45:44 GMT

The round bricks can be used as a gear.  The brick has a known axle hole, and
with the right spacing (brick, plate, brick) you mesh the two.

Note that the studs are not fluted like the rest of the round brick, and even
though they are not fully round on the outer surfaces, they _do_ stick out past
the fluting below them.  This means that, while you may be right that this could
be used as a gear, it could only work if you aim the studs in opposite
directions and have them extend past the base of the mated brick.