 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13156
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:41:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Richard Noeckel wrote:
But in general, it seems like rtlToronto is against any attempt to resolve the
color issue that is paramount to some people.

I really, really, honestly do hope that one day TLG completely discontinues
their Robotic line, and replaces all Mindstorm and Technic with Bionicle.
Then, when rtlToronto throws a hissy-fit and empowers the world to take action
to return the creativity to Lego, i'll be the first to say...i'll say Ha! ...and

--lots of stuff deleted ---

Calum et al,

I think the main concern here seems to be that the sending of this letter will
harm you, by affecting TLC's view of you/our AFOL community?

I, personally disagree with the tone, and therefore will not "sign" this
version.
However, I don't think the letter, even as it is, will have any adverse affects.
What could happen?

True, the arguing is a lot of wasted bandwidth both online and off, but it's not
that hard to ignore.  We know this issue effects certain folks quite emotionally
-- that is quite evident.  From my experience, telling someone to 'get over' an
emotional issue.. usually doesn't help... and seems to usually just make the
response even worse.  Some of us need therapy [including me].  We need some time
and a venue for greiving the loss.  Some folks need to greive more publicly than
others.  Please let them.

-Ken

-- whose managed to stay out of the fray mostly and grieve in solitude, yet has
finally contributed to the wasted bandwidth :-(