 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13152
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:37:43 GMT

Hello!

We wouldn't continue flaming along this stupid topic for several months on
end.

Hm, browsing through this Letter-to-CEO-thread I see those who agree to the
letter and disagree to the colour change just saying "I agree to the
letter", name, age. Those who do not agree to the letter (and possibly agree to
the
colour change?) and feel annoyed by the topic are calling others "w*nk*rs"
and tell them to "f**k *ff" and the like. So who is bringing up the flame?

Why do AFOLs continue to live in some sort of fantasy world where they • think
their clever little petitions and posts will do anything constructive!?

Probably because LEGO is a toy that enriches the fantasy of the kids and the
fantasy of some adults as well. Maybe some people's fantasy was enriched a
little too much. :-)

Oh, and writing an actual letter to an executive is (in my humbly opinion)
still more constructive than sheer discussing the matter in an internet forum,
while attacking such a letter is rather destructive and while ignoring the
matter that obviously concerns quite a lot of people is simply... nothing, but
it's OK.

You know why you're being "crapped on"?  It's because people who really • dislike
this colour change and making a fuss about it are ruining it for those who
couldn't give a flying frick in a rolling donut.

Why is that?

OK, people are reading a post like Ben's Letter to the CEO, they think "Oh what
a whiner, grey is dead, why doesn't this guy get over it!" Now they could
simply skip the post and move on to the topics they are interested in and that
are also highlighted on Lugnet's front page: No flame, no hassle, no nothing.

Instead that they click on "reply" (like I did now...) and write "Oh, you are
such a whiner, grey is dead! Why don't you get over it?" and with that the
thread they don't like is double as big as it was before. Other people stumble
over it, they agree to those who do not agree to the original post (which is
their right), they highlight the posts with the "w*nks" and the "f**k-*ffs"
and the whole issue is brought to a boil and messes up the whole of Lugnet.

There's a large part of this "community" who doesn't really give a damn • about
the colour change, or didn't like it but have resolved themselves to deal • with
it.

So if this large part of this "community" really wouldn't care they could as
well get over the posts of those who care. And if they didn't like the colour
change why would they attack those who at least _try_ to do something to change
it back? If this attempt to do something shows any effect to the better it was
also for the better of them (OK, that's a bad sentence, pardon my English).

Otherwise - I repeat - they could just skip the topic.

Every rtlToronto dinner I go to, I hear stuff like "Did you see so and • so's post
about colour change in .whateverthehell? It had 150 replies!"

Yeah, and 100 replies are from those who don't want to read about the topic.
Clever.

Bye
Jojo