 Organizations / Canada / 119
Re: New Site - JLUG - Contest & Prizes too!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.org.ca
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:14:37 GMT

In lugnet.org, Samarth Moray wrote:

snip

   Yeah, I saw that screen later after I decided to sign up for the forums. I may get the ‘follow the spirit of the law not the letter’ speech after saying this, but I will: Two Dictionary.com definitions for mature are ‘mature for one’s age’ and ‘mature as in for adults.’ I’m assuming what you meant in the FAQ is somewhere inbetween. I noticed that Andy ‘Blue brick’ has signed up, and IIRC, you mentioned his age somewhere as bieng around 14? So I gladly joined :-D Thanks for the clarification. I guess it’s good that you guys have stayed away from all those ToS, ToU etc. It does make everything complicated.

snip
   .org sounds like it. But Lar’s reply says .ca is fine too, and I suppose he’s right since he’s an admin and knows more than me about this matter. Anyway, maybe it’s no something worth worrying *unduly* about. (although I felt I should bring it up) The point is the site looks great, starting off, and all set to become another hub for the Lego community. Thanks again. And yay!

Regards,

Legoswami Samarth

Thank you very much. It’s been a ton of fun so far, and I am very pleased with the response we have had in such a short time. I will stick with lugnet.org.ca (as Lar suggested) for the time being, (and if traffic warrants in a few weeks, we will request .jlug). Btw, you are correct, Andy Blue Brick, is 14 (for a few more weeks anyway) and happens to be my son, (as well Alexander Green Brick). Thankfully that will be our total contribution for the “family membership plan”.

Janey “Red Brick”

c/o the JLUG