 Organizations / 677
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:55:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Matthew Miller wrote:
Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk> wrote:

* It is not just that we plan to use Open Source
  software.

Which I'm a big fan of. What software, and how far along
is it?

Dan will start throwing heavy stuff across the Atlantic, if
I claim it is vapor-ware at the moment, but it is at least
not in a usable state yet.

Basically (and possibly not quite correctly) it is a content
management system with access control lists designed(?)
primarily for use in the LEGO fan community.  But since it
isn't up and running in a usable state yet, don't trust my
words too much.

I feel a little bit uncomfortable with all the talk there is
about the project, even before we have something usable to
show.

So, sounds like you intend to duplicate a lot of the
functionality of Lugnet.

Yes.

Have you discussed the possibility of sharing (NNTP seems
ideal for this!) newsgroup posts <-> Lugnet?

Yes (but not with Todd, yet).  We are considering how we can
feed discussion group articles between existing sites in a
practical way.  This will of course involve agreements with
the various site owners and some kind of system for
exchanging user validation (preferably without exchanging
actual user data).

Play well,

Jacob
--