 Organizations / 678
Re: 1 Question: assurances & limitations [Re: LEGOFan.net - central community... ]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:35:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur wrote:

Jake can you clarify this? I expect ‘support’ and use of the word “lego” in
the url has been given subject to assurances or limitations with regard the
content of the site.

Actually not.  What we _have_ discussed is to make it possible for parents to
decide that some classes of content is unsuitable for their children, and for
users of the site to decide some age limits for access to content/discussion
groups they create.  The implementation is not fixed yet, but I hope we will get
around to publish the current specification soon.

If possible, I’d be interested to know what those
assurances or limitations are. For instance, will
users see:

a) ‘controversial’ content (or links to it)? (The
   work of Brendan Powell Smith comes to mind.)

Yes (if they want to).

b) condemning reviews of new & upcoming lego product lines or sets?

Yes (unless LEGO starts improving the quality of their sets and lowering their
prices :-).

I doubt that we would accept that LEGO imposed editorial limits on the site.
Then I would at least prefer to go elsewhere for sponsorships.

Play well,

Jacob (not Jake :-)
--
City X'ers delivery van (building instructions):
                  http://jacob.sparre.dk/CityXers/Kassevogn/