 Organizations / 639
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:48:32 GMT

Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk> wrote:
[ XFUT lugnet.org ]

[Okay, but leaving .general and putting in .admin.general]

* It is not just that we plan to use Open Source software.

Which I'm a big fan of. What software, and how far along is it?

* Similarly we have also discussed making all of the
   content (but of course not user data like e-mail
   addresses) Open Source as well.

Also good!

[snip]

In a sense it _is_ a slap in the face to Lugnet and Todd. Lugnet isn't
open for anybody to experiment with the software and try to develop new
features. Nor is it controlled by the LEGO fan community, it is
controlled by Todd, and even though Todd _is_ a LEGO fan that isn't
quite the same.

So, sounds like you intend to duplicate a lot of the functionality of
Lugnet.

Have you discussed the possibility of sharing (NNTP seems ideal for this!)
newsgroup posts <-> Lugnet?

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>