 Organizations / 646
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:07:35 GMT

TRIM DOWN THE NEWSGROUPS IN THIS THREAD!

There. I did it. I screamed.

After reading all posted so far, there are things that exicte me and there are
things that turn me off.

The idea to be able to set up a Swedish (or other) club page that draws info
from a central place is cool.

To have one hub that binds togheter the data from several resources is another
great idea. As long as the other resources is not dependent on the hub. I don't
want the whole OnLine community grinding to a halt beacause someone messed up
one server.

The thought of becomming even more kid friendly is probably the worst thing
about this so far. Call me selfish, but I want my LEGO hobby to be a thing for
adults and I want to be able to express myself in ways that might not always be
a good way around kids. LUGNET is a notch to much of this today. Still, it keeps
the level of the discussions on a excellent level - comparing to other forums.

We'll see where this ends up.

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe