 Organizations / 658
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:33:33 GMT

In lugnet.org, Tobbe Arnesson screamed:

TRIM DOWN THE NEWSGROUPS IN THIS THREAD!

There. I did it. I screamed.

Thanks.  The announcement should probably only have been
posted to "lugnet.announce" and "lugnet.org".

After reading all posted so far, there are things that
exicte me and there are things that turn me off.

The idea to be able to set up a Swedish (or other) club
page that draws info from a central place is cool.

Good.  But one of the ideas behind having the site software
as Open Source is that local groups don't have to run their
site in a central site, even if they want some of the
benefits from using whatever (hopefully) cool solutions we
can come up with.

To have one hub that binds togheter the data from several
resources is another great idea. As long as the other
resources is not dependent on the hub. I don't want the
whole OnLine community grinding to a halt because someone
messed up one server.

Neither do we.  We want stability and reduction in the
number of serious/single points of failure.

The thought of becomming even more kid friendly is
probably the worst thing about this so far. Call me
selfish, but I want my LEGO hobby to be a thing for adults
and I want to be able to express myself in ways that might
not always be a good way around kids.

Don't worry.  We've expected that.  And we think we have a
solution too (Dan will have to explain it in detail, he
knows it better).

Play well,

Jacob
--
City X'ers delivery van (building instructions):
                  http://jacob.sparre.dk/CityXers/Kassevogn/