 Organizations / 645
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:00:37 GMT

In lugnet.org, Ray Sanders wrote:

Open Source and Open Content licenses have similar goals
but different structures because of the focus of the
license. I'm still unclear about what control you are
referring to here thay may need to be relaxed. Do Todd and
Suz own all the content on LUGNET ?

Yes.  Or rather; they own the copy of the content stored on
Lugnet and are free to do practically whatever they want to
do with it.

My read of this is that (in the great words of The WELL)
'I own my words'.

You do.  But you have given a copy away to Lugnet.

I'm sure that there are some things here (LUGNET Guide ?)
which are not covered by the above, but I'm not seeing a
lack of open content here. Please help me to understand
your point of view.

My point is that in case Lugnet is about to go off-line,
somebody can't just make a copy of the site, put it up and
keep all the content available.  Having the content under a
free license removes a possible failure point that often
hits smaller LEGO fan sites, but also could hit a site like
Lugnet.

We, as individuals, own our respective articles posted on
Lugnet, but not as a collected structure.  Lugnet owns the
collected structure.  That is the problematic point as I see
it.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Experimental parallel cable-stayed bridge:
http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Broer/Skr%E5stagsbro-parallel/