 Off-Topic / Fun / 8635
Re: OMG - GONK PROOF (was Re:Google archives Usenet back to '81)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 02:45:06 GMT

Shaun Sullivan wrote:
Regularly, another AFOL will ask me what set a particular piece I used in an
MOC came from.  Almost invariably, I have to answer that I don't know, since I
received them in a random assortment.  It's also occasionally entertaining to
realize how *many* of some random pieces I have ... Ahh well, a small price to
pay ;)

Well, you could always answer "Set K-8"...

I wonder if I would have gotten into LEGO earlier had I seen something
like this. Which issue of the Alumni magazine was the article in? I'll
have to look and see if I still have it.

We had Genericon (the RPI SF con) in West Hall one year (I think that
was the 2nd year of the con - the first year I participated - I laid low
the first year because I was worried they would not make enough money to
cover what the Union fronted them, and that was just a year after the
great steak scandal [which Larry would probably call the big misteak
:-)] where the student government treated themselves to a steak dinner).
If they still do the con, it would be a good venue for Brickwars to keep
Clayorama company (a wargame using Playdough creations).

Frank