 Off-Topic / Debate / 7961
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 23:23:53 GMT

As long as I credit the creator, and am not republishing or selling their
work, then you're out of luck trying to sue me.  If I build a model based on
pictures of your model (which, unless I buy the instructions, or otherwise
obtain them, is all I have to go on), then that is a derivative work, by
definition.  So long as a credit my inspirition, well, tough noogies,
there's not much you can do about it.

That's like saying, as long as I credit the band who wrote the song, and don't
sell the CD, I am not breaking copywrite when I copy a CD.

It ain't so, and I think it is fairly plain to see that that is not so.

As for the comment above, perhaps I should have said, as I did in a later post,
that after all other recourses have been used, I would consider further
action... (that is probably a better wording...)

James Powell, Bricksmith