 Off-Topic / Debate / 7962
Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 23:26:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Powell writes:

As long as I credit the creator, and am not republishing or selling their
work, then you're out of luck trying to sue me.  If I build a model based on
pictures of your model (which, unless I buy the instructions, or otherwise
obtain them, is all I have to go on), then that is a derivative work, by
definition.  So long as a credit my inspirition, well, tough noogies,
there's not much you can do about it.

That's like saying, as long as I credit the band who wrote the song, and don't
sell the CD, I am not breaking copywrite when I copy a CD.

(oops, missed a bit here, someone _else's_ CD that you are copying, not your
own copy...here, at least, it is perfectly legal to make multi copies of a CD
you own, but not any copies of one a friend of yours owns...)

James Powell