 Off-Topic / Debate / 28488
  Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.

(...) I'd say that depends on the society. In the US there is a problem with people mugging Oxycontin(sp?)-dependant people for their prescriptions and mainlining it. It is perhaps more expensive than heroin, and anyone who actually needs it to (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.

(...) I dug up (URL) some statistics> (page 288- of the PDF) and it would appear that in the US just under one third of drug users are using something other than marijuana. So when talking about high-risk people (those whose actions are a danger to (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.

(...) You're correct, but that's kind of a dumb law. There's a ton of things that you can do to yourself that you can't do to others without consent, among which tattooing and masturbation are perhaps two of the most obvious examples. Why suicide (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.

(...) The Judeo-Christian heritage of the United States government says that it's wrong to kill anyone, therefore it should be illegal. That does, of course, lead to the obvious question of why they thought it should be a capital crime. I mean, as I (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Arkham Asylum - A cool set, but a bit disturbing.

(...) Yeah, but if the percentage of people who posed an immediate risk to people other than themselves was significantly higher, there would be more political capital to do something about it. Once the public perceives a lack of risk to themselves, (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jun-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)