 Off-Topic / Debate / 27448
Re: New Lego Exoforce
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:06:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tobias Möller wrote:
   (Impressions based on photos found at: http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/toys/legoexoforce.php - I couldn’t get the Flash on LEGO.com to work properly)

I’m on the negative side on this one.

The models (in my opinion) are not that good - essentially a skeleton with some weapons added, and a lot of printed pieces. The designs are pretty ugly too, but your opinion may, of course, vary.

Well, the germans are always late with LEGO. We’ll get the sets in february. So I can only argue due to pics I’ve already seen in the net. I agree to Tobias, the models are much worse than I expected, when I heard there would be a mecha series.

But still I like the idea of an anime combined with Lego sets.

The bronze-colored figures look like cheap run-of-the-mill unpainted generic plastic action figures made in China to pseudo-resemble and profiteer on the latest kid fad. Yes, they’re that horrible.

Here I totally disagree. The robots are my favs. All of the body parts should give good pieces for small creations. And, hey they are robots!

On the plus side, I do like the anime-styled minifigures a lot.

Yeah, they’re cool too. But the robots are my favs. Did I mention that before?

   I just wished they could’ve made the models look more anime, too. It is completely possible, I’ve seen a lot of awesome anime-looking stuff from fellow AFOLs.

I did a quick afternoon build of about three hours. Just trying to build what I thought the mecha would/should look like. Used some unliked colores, because they were at hand.

And this is the result:

Well it’s not very good, but still looks better than those skeletons from TLC, IMHO.

I’ll probably pick one up regardless, to see what I think.

Me too. I’m curious on the lightable brick for power up. And I want to have a robot. Did I say, they’re my favs.

As a side note, I noted that the chest gun on the 7702 Thunder Fury looks awfully similar to this (by me...): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=742276

I am secretely pleased. :) (ssh, don’t mention that insert AFOL has done that for years - let me bask in my percieved glory as inspiration for an official set ;) )

Praise to you, Tobias. But I saw that gun on several occasions. And even did it myself from time to time.
It’s a good one!

Marco