 Off-Topic / Debate / 27443
Re: New Lego Exoforce
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:15:59 GMT

(Impressions based on photos found at:
http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/toys/legoexoforce.php - I couldn't get the
Flash on LEGO.com to work properly)

I'm on the negative side on this one.

The models (in my opinion) are not that good - essentially a skeleton with some
weapons added, and a lot of printed pieces. The designs are pretty ugly too, but
your opinion may, of course, vary.

The bronze-colored figures look like cheap run-of-the-mill unpainted generic
plastic action figures made in China to pseudo-resemble and profiteer on the
latest kid fad. Yes, they're that horrible.

On the plus side, I do like the anime-styled minifigures a lot. I just wished
they could've made the models look more anime, too. It is completely possible,
I've seen a lot of awesome anime-looking stuff from fellow AFOLs.

I'll probably pick one up regardless, to see what I think.

As a side note, I noted that the chest gun on the 7702 Thunder Fury looks
awfully similar to this (by me...):

I am secretely pleased. :) (ssh, don't mention that [insert AFOL] has done that
for years - let me bask in my percieved glory as inspiration for an official set
;) )

-- Tobias

In lugnet.build.mecha, David Rabadan wrote:
Hello mecha friends.  I have not seen anyone from build.mecha¬
(forgive me if someone did and I missed it) talk about the new¬
theme.  I am digging a lot of the parts used but I am not sure¬
about the minifigs and the design.  I am not pro or against it yet¬
so I would like to hear what my fello mecha builders think¬
I am picking up one for Christmas so I should be able to give more¬
of an opinion.¬
Lets take it to off-topic.¬
Regards,¬
David.