 Off-Topic / Debate / 23004
Re: Justice for all.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:18:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
I'm not sure I made a point, other than that google is not the best
way to search for old news.

Try: http://www.guardian.co.uk/ :)

Nice try, but when I entered "Amnesty International Iraq Humiliating
Video" in their search engine I got *Zero* links.  That's what I'm
talking about with the internet erroding the news archives, because
I'm pretty sure they did have a news article on this at some point.
It's just gone now.

I did manage to find my way to an archived UPS article on the 2nd
page of Google responses, so there's still some small hope for
historians.

By the way, what's the ICC?

The international criminal court;

Ah, thanks for educating me on that one.  I don't know all these
acronyms you folks use here in .debate.

Bush refuses to sign up to it as your
countrymen *could* end up in jail *if* they commit war crimes. Frankly,
I feel war criminals belong in jail!

Did he actually say that's why he didn't sign it.  My opinion is that
the ICC is a good idea whose time has not yet come.  Perhaps when more
of the world is run by elected governments that can be held accountable
for their actions, we'll be ready for some sort of world court system.
Have patience.