 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2762

Subject:
Good Pics of Oxford / Cobi / Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 19:14:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I saw this link at the "bloks" group, but I thought some folks here might want
to see this.

http://www.brickplanet.com./

It's mostly by a Korean named "painkiller" who takes very good close-up shots of
the three brands.

Go to "toy pix" then to review and pix of Lego"  Except for the brand name, the
titles for the Oxford and Cobi (titled "ib" ) are in Korean, but it's well worth
the time to look through the 75 pages (on 6 sub pages), as he has stuff from
their town, military, police, castle, historic East Asian, and other lines.

The Oxford stuff is just so cool.  It is in the late 80's LEGO style.  He shows
interiors, components, and minifigs from each set. and a few places he shows
comparisons between the 3 different brands.  Now that some of the Oxford stuff
is under license to cobi/bestlok and being sold as Just Kidz at Kmart, I may
finally get my wish to buy Oxford affordably!

If Oxford was sold in the USA, it would defeinately get a portion of my brik
budget.  It really is the only clone brik that seems to capture the LEGO design
asthetic.

Re: Good Pics of Oxford / Cobi / Lego