 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2264
Re: Trademark defense doesn't work vs Mega Bloks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:39:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:
As much as I love the trollish Vorgans and some of the Dragons pieces
(particularly the rough-hewn bricks), I really don't care for the painting on a
good many of the elements, and the over-juniorization leaves me cold.  Aside
from being a nuisance to render in LDraw (which it is), the painting really does
create problems with clutch power, as you've identified.  The juniorized wall
elements are also a pain to work with, and they're too specific in shape to
inspire me to do build with them beyond the official model shown on the box.

Actually, I bought the various little metal boxes of figs for use in D&D.  I
ended up with a number of little hill pieces, as well as the juniorized wall
segments.  I've taken these and used them to make a little tower on one of the
bases, which I use as a pencil/pen holder, which I'm rather fond of.

While playing around with the megablox sets I've gotten from Dragon, I've not
noticed any problem with connecting pieces... but maybe I haven't used them
enough.  (Again - mostly got on sale or for the figures.)

If MEGABLOKS would release a "troop builder" set of Vorgans and the various
Knights factions, that would be something worth getting.  I wish that the
weapons more closely resembled real-world armaments rather; however, I do like
the Vorgan's aboriginal weapons, for some reason.

They did release various small metal tins of the figures, though.  And I'm quite
fond of the fancy little weapons - again, for D&D. :)

John Fiala