 Model Team / 1460
Re: Renault Magnum with stepframe trailer laden with a CAT D7R dozer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:15:54 GMT

In lugnet.modelteam, Beat Felber wrote:
   Congratulations on another great model!

Thank you for the compliments! I took me a long time to get it like this but I’m very pleased with it. Yesterday I received some large prints of the pictures I’ve taken. It looks very different in comparison to the traditional LEGO colors. I’m very satisfied with those as well.

   Since LEGO released all these new fancy colors, it happens more and more that we get to see much more realistic models - at least from a color scheme point of view. And yours definitely is one of that category.

But than I have to invest in many new pieces for a second time. I would like to build a green truck as well but this year I will not spend so much money on new LEGOs. Currently I’m building models in the tradional colors again (except from some dark bluish grey pieces :-)

   You told me quite a long time ago that you were working on an orange model and so I was pretty sure it would become a Van der Vlist model. But I newer expected it to be a Renault Magnum. I always associate VdV with Scania. Don’t ask me why.

Van der Vlist always had many Scania’s in their fleet and they still have. The parent company has many DAF and Volvo. The Scania’s are getting more out of order because they havan’t bought ones from the latest range. Holtrop Van der Vlist just has Scania’s. They contractors are driving with any kind of brand. This Magnum is quite rare. Maybe people thought I would build the 6-axle Scania tractor like Frank Buiting did. He started to build his MOC later then I did but as I described the Magnum was the only one which I could proper build of LEGOs.

BR, Dennis