 Model Team / *1442 (-20)
Re: Old lorry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:14:40 GMT

Very nice, especially the background! I’m not normally very attracted to cad images but you’ve done a great job with these and the model is strong enough to overcome the medium ; )

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

Subject:
Old lorry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:51:04 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi,

just wanted to show my latest creation, an oldfashioned lorry in modelteam size:

a little bit more “silent” picture:

It has 643 pieces and a (good) working steering. For the pictures, I have used flickr to see, how it works and if I understand the “linking”.

This is the corresponding flickr folder with some additional pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10098915@N07/sets/72157600854980688/

Or an alternate folder on 1000steine: http://festum.de/1000steine/myimages/album29

Thanks Andreas

Subject:
Custom Built Boat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 22:27:52 GMT

Hello All.

This is my first post, so if this is the wrong forum, please direct me to a more
appropriate one and I'll stay out of your hair.

I have an uncle who purchased himself a Mastercraft boat for his 50th birthday.
As a present for him, I'd like to commission a custom-made Lego built replica of
his new boat. I wasn't sure where to find someone qualified to do it, but I
decided to start here.

I wanted to know if there was anyone out there qualified, or knew of anyone
qualified to help me with this. We will pay (obviously) for your time, effort,
and for whatever bricks you use for the project. His birthday isn't for a month,
but we'd like to get it done sooner rather than later.

Please let me know if you can be of any assistance.

Thanks!

Mark B
bashukma AT gmail DOT com

Re: Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 17:43:16 GMT

Hallo Dennis

Your new dozer is really great, you realised some good details. First the tracks, with the tiles, looks really good. Also backside you make good work. And of course best for me, this modell is functionally. How i can understand on your website, you can also control the blade with the help of one Lego-motor, yes? This Cat in this real area (on your pictures) is just fun!

Kind regards from switzerland

Beat Schuler (Swissbagger)

Re: Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2007 14:32:28 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dennis Bosman wrote:
   Before we even know LEGO would release it’s own radio controlled bulldozer I started to build my own one in April 2006. As usual I wanted .....

I just wanted to let you know I put the full description of this model on my website. It took a while before I finished it but hopefully there will be some readers :-)

Dennis Bosman

www.dennisbosman.nl

Re: Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 15:37:15 GMT

As ever, you're the king of realism!

Regards,
/Tobbe

Re: Frieghtliner Argosy MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 22:53:09 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Nathan Bell wrote:

You sure fit a lot of detail into a small scale! I have never seen rig with fenders that flip out like that before and at first wondered if you did that just on your model. However a very brief internet search showed me the truth:

http://www.freightlinertrucks.com/trucks/find-by-model/argosy/

Are they like that just to make room for the mechanic or are they a braking mechanism? (That may sound crazy but jets do it; why not trucks, too?)

As cool as that would be, thats not it :-) I didn’t do a real good job explaining, but they are actually staircases for the driver or passenger to get into the cab. You can see a picture here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2442274

Thats one of the reasons I figured I would build an Argosy, truckers seem to like how easy it is to get in and out. And who doesn’t like pneumatics, anyway?

Re: Frieghtliner Argosy MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:09:01 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Peter Ehrlich wrote:
   Hi All

Last May I was lacking a Lego project, and so decided to build a truck following the model team style. Deviating from model team, it had to be fully functioning. Heres the result:

Cab Up:

BS (when moderated)

I’m also proud to present my blog about it, which probably goes into way too much detail, but what the heck: projectArgosy.blogspot.com Quote from the blog:

“For those of you knew to the model, its a fully functional Freightliner Argosy cab-over-engine Tractor Trailer. This includes Forward/Reverse, two speed gearbox, 40° full Ackerman steering with suspension, LED headlights, air compressor, pneumatic steps, and tilting cab! It was started May 2006, taking coutless hours to complete. I brought it to Brickfest 2007, and promised the folks there I would update the blog soon, so here goes!”

--Peter Ehrlich

You sure fit a lot of detail into a small scale! I have never seen rig with fenders that flip out like that before and at first wondered if you did that just on your model. However a very brief internet search showed me the truth:

http://www.freightlinertrucks.com/trucks/find-by-model/argosy/

Are they like that just to make room for the mechanic or are they a braking mechanism? (That may sound crazy but jets do it; why not trucks, too?)

Re: Frieghtliner Argosy MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:00:07 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Peter Ehrlich wrote:
[...]

Awesome!!! I love it!!

By the way, the link is wrong, the right one is http://projectargosy.blogspot.com/

Subject:
Frieghtliner Argosy MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 01:51:41 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

[...]

Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:39:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jordan Schwarz wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Dennis Bosman wrote:
   Before we even know LEGO would release it’s own radio controlled bulldozer I started to build my own one in April 2006. As usual I wanted to but a set which wasn’t in LEGOs assortment anymore and after visiting a few toy shops I found my copy of set 8366. At first I was a littlebit disappointed; the steering is only suitable for racing cars and not for trucks which I mostly make. However, I really wanted to make a real life MOC based on this sets and then I thought a bulldozer would be something.

After a year I finished my MOC this week and took it outdoor today for a photoshoot. More info I will place on my website soon. In a meanwhile you can see a few pictures in my Brickshelf gallery.

Dennis Bosman

www.dennisbosman.nl

Wow! Spectacular! I’d love to see some video coverage of your bulldozer in action. I think it looks even better than the one LEGO is coming out with. I think the tractor and lo-boy are very well done also. Excellent work!

Jordan

It looks beautiful Dennis! Yes, you should make a video of it. It would also be nice to see the mechanisms inside it. Did you use 1 motor for the tracks and the steering motor (inside the RC module) to add/subtract from each side, or did you use independently controlled tracks? I guess I may have to wait until you post more details on your site.

The best part in my opinion is the use of the flat 1x’s placed in a perpendicular fashion for the treads. From a distance it looks exactly like real dozer treads. The best picture is the one from the rear where one can see right through the tracks.

Nathan

Re: Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 00:39:59 GMT

Wow! You always do great work. I think the authentic look of this model is just
one of the strong points of your style. I really like all of the technical
capabilities and details. Great job! Awesome photos!

- Eric Sophie

Re: Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 19:40:03 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 17:47:22 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Before we even know LEGO would release it’s own radio controlled bulldozer I started to build my own one in April 2006. As usual I wanted to but a set which wasn’t in LEGOs assortment anymore and after visiting a few toy shops I found my copy of set 8366. At first I was a littlebit disappointed; the steering is only suitable for racing cars and not for trucks which I mostly make. However, I really wanted to make a real life MOC based on this sets and then I thought a bulldozer would be something.

After a year I finished my MOC this week and took it outdoor today for a photoshoot. More info I will place on my website soon. In a meanwhile you can see a few pictures in my Brickshelf gallery.

Dennis Bosman

www.dennisbosman.nl

Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:17:36 GMT

Hallo Rosco

Thanks for your interesting. I also see, what you build, specially your Demag
Crawler-Crane. Very impressive and nice colour!! I like real working machinery.

One question I have regarding the boom luffing: from your pics it looks like the
drive shaft also takes the load on the "hydraulic ram". Does the heavy load add
a lot to the friction? Or did you unload the motor drive somehow, similar to how
Jennifer Clark did in her AC-50?

No, the drive shaft dont take the load. The drive-axle is 2 studs away from the
axle, that carry the "hydraulic ram". The drive-axle goes sideway to the right
side. There are a geares 20/12, that make the same moving-way as the "cylinder".

The lattice extension looks good too - how easy is it to change the angle? I
tried to build one with a sliding link for my AC100, but just couldn't get
something that looked realistic at the scale I was using.

I can fix it easy, but its (because of my little english) difficult to explain.
If you like,  send for me a email, so i will send you some detail-pictures.

Have you done a load test yet?

I make only the test you see on picture, i load with the crane the spreader on
the truck. With the lattice boom, i think i can not lift to much.

Beat

Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:57:41 GMT

Hallo Eric

Thanks for your interesting in my crane.

I did offset the weels from the hubs, because the pivoting-point come closer to
the middle from the wheel, so it needs not to much space for the wheels, when
they are steered.

Beat

Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 01:31:04 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Beat Schuler wrote:
Hallo Everbody

After more than one year i finishe now my third moc, Mobile-Crane Liebherr
LTM1070.
This Crane is my biggest and most complicated moc until now. Its fully powered
by Lego-motors and pneumatic-pistons. The crane's max. height is 2.50m.
For pictures and description please visit my brickshelf-galerie:

Hi Beat, good to see you back with yet another great MOC.

One question I have regarding the boom luffing: from your pics it looks like the
drive shaft also takes the load on the "hydraulic ram". Does the heavy load add
a lot to the friction? Or did you unload the motor drive somehow, similar to how
Jennifer Clark did in her AC-50?

The lattice extension looks good too - how easy is it to change the angle? I
tried to build one with a sliding link for my AC100, but just couldn't get
something that looked realistic at the scale I was using.

And I like how you offset the tyres on the hubs - it looks like real rims and
moves the steering centres closer to the tyres.

Have you done a load test yet?

ROSCO

Re: New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:19:45 GMT

Hello!

Great work, very clean design!

I like this picture:

Your patience and attention to detail has paid off!

BTW, Why did you offset the wheels and hubs?

-Eric

New Moc: Mobile-Crane Liebherr LTM1070
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:44:02 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hallo Everbody

After more than one year i finishe now my third moc, Mobile-Crane Liebherr
LTM1070.
This Crane is my biggest and most complicated moc until now. Its fully powered
by Lego-motors and pneumatic-pistons. The crane's max. height is 2.50m.
For pictures and description please visit my brickshelf-galerie:

My whole brickshelf-galerie with picture from Legofest in Torino/Italy you can
see here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=swissbagger1

Send any comments to my new email-adres:  swissbagger@bluewin.ch

Beat Schuler

New MOC: Trifecta VXR Concept Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2006 23:30:30 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)