 Marketplace / Theory / 1260
Re: Whatever...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 21:10:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Can you provide a bit more detail here? I am not quite following you. If it's
me you were talking about, feel free to provide a cite so we can see what
you're saying, you don't have to worry about violating my privacy.

No details as such, again I was just pretending a hypothetical (AND I just
like to bait you, Larry - XOXOXO).  But, since we are talking about you now:

Let's just say that you posted to Dear Lego about some desire of your own --
like roll up garage doors, black train components in bulk, or something like
that.  I wouldn't dream of following up your post with:  "That's never going
to happen because of X reasons."  I'd much rather that Lego Direct could
facilitate something along these lines for your sake as well as my own (you
never know when that desire for black wagon plates will overwhelm all other
such interests). Frankly, I REALLY DO hope that Lego Direct can accomodate all
that we may imagine it can -- and more!  I'm not entirely sure why they
can't "experiment" with these ideas RIGHT NOW (they do special orders for the
master builders, right?).

This is what I find odd:  most of us are actually on the same page when it
comes to wanting to get whatever parts we want in bulk, but at the same time
everyone seems to spend a lot of time making counterproductive replies to
someone else's wish list.  Why can't there be a unified RTL/Lugnet response to
TLC's Lego Direct?  Why the bickering over something as small as whether or
not there should be minifig packs when we should instead unite over ALL such
desires? I will support your mad desires for train parts if you will support
my mad desires for castle/pirate/space stuff.  Does that seem fair to you and
everyone else?

That's all I had to share.  I just don't understand the dumping on someone
else's wish list part.  Just get behind the idea if its about accessory packs
or bulk ordering.  And stop sweating the minutia -- that's TLC's job and they
have the ACTUAL facts about what works and what doesn't, and why and why not.
So unless Brad Justus starts coughing up the facts of the matter, I suggest we
keep our seconding guessing to ourselves.

[TLC REALLY should set up an interface somewhere that allows them to rate fan
desire for certain elements -- but we might as well add this to the 100 other
things they should be doing.]

And yes, the Lego Curmudgeon is calling for us to all play nicely together...

...who'da thunk it?

-- Richard (actually a really nice guy -- but you'd never guess this, eh?)