 Marketplace / Theory / 1246
1245  |  1247
Subject:
Whatever...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 04:53:53 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Steve Bliss writes:
Disagree.  LEGO used to do a lot more minifig packs.  Town, Space,
Castle, Pirates, there was even a Wild West mfp.  They've only recently
started doing fewer of them.

I'm guessing mfp's are not big sellers.  They may be popular among the
True Believers, but not enough to be a big deal in total sales.

I also have the feeling that doing intensive amounts of mfp's is not a
viable option.  To much product with a low sales volume.[sic]

I am interested in why people are always starting with an assumption that may
well be false, and then continue on with a lot of stuff as though the premise
were in fact proven true rather than just an assumption.

Facts:  Lego used to make minifig packs.  They still do (i.e. Rock Raiders).

Why, Steve, do you believe that minifig packs are poor sellers, or that they
have a low sales volume?  Do you have a source for TLC sales data that we
should know about?  If its just a feeling, why are you clouding someone else's
Dear Lego post with your negative musings?

Looks to me like you wanted minifigs too, what's the problem then?

I liked it when someone (who shall remain nameless) posted about wanting a
whole BIG BUNCH of train stuff and NO One jumped in right after it and told
him how sales were down and it wasn't gonna happen for "X" reason, or that it
wasn't gonna happen because that element was something TLC sold only in the
larger sets, and so on, and so forth, ad nauseam.

...or has this NEVER happend?

-- Richard