 Marketplace / Shopping / 12052
Re: Suggestions required for medium sized sets with lots of grey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:32:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Samarth Moray wrote:
I'm looking for a list or suggestion of sets which have been released within
the past 5 years which are medium sized (say, smaller than ISD or metroliner
sized, in the 20$-60$ bracket) Which have decent quantities of preferably
old (or new, if necessary) light grey bricks in them.

It's difficult to find such sets. After many years of parting out, my light grey
brick stock is tiny compared to white, red, blue, yellow, and black. I suspect
that for some sizes, I have more orange and green than light grey.

In the US, one of the cheapest sources of light grey recently is the original
4400 tub, which contained 50+ 2x2 bricks. These resurfaced this year at some CVS
pharmacies for less than $10. (These tubs have a different assortment from the
4400 tubs in some Kroger stores.)

I see that 'Assorted Light Grey Bricks' are still available at S@H. Although
they are a bit pricey, the bulk purchase discount applies.

Otherwise, I think my light grey has come from HP, soccer, older Castle -- but
no one set stands out as a light grey bonanza within your guidelines.

Cary